- WHAT: 4th annual Perkins Rowe Arts Festival, presented by the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge and Perkins Rowe.
- WHEN: Noon-6 p.m. today.
- WHERE: Perkins Rowe, Perkins Road at Bluebonnet.
- DETAILS: Area artists will be selling pottery, jewelry, woodwork, glass, photography and paintings. There will also be kids activities and music.
TOGETHER ONE VOICE
- WHAT: Advocacy Leadership Conference to promote supports that enable every individual with a developmental disability to be fully included in community life.
- WHEN: 8:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m. Tuesday.
- WHERE: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 4728 Constitution Ave.
- COST: $25 per person.
- INFORMATION & REGISTRATION: laddc.org/2013Conference.
- DETAILS: Topics include grassroots advocacy, effective communication, networking and relationship building, advocacy in the social media age, and the power of the collective voice.
PLANE PULL COMPETITION
- WHAT: 6th annual Plane Pull Competition and Family Festival to benefit Arc Baton Rouge, a nonprofit that serves and support those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
- WHERE: Baton Rouge Metro Airport.
- INFORMATION & REGISTRATION: arcbatonrouge.org, (225) 977-0855.
- DETAILS: Any business, family or group may sponsor a team of 20 to compete to pull with a rope a 757 FedEx jet 12 feet in the fastest time. There will be food sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, Manda Sausage, Papa Murphy’s Pizza and other area vendors. The Will Wesley Band will play, and there will be a children’s village with inflatables, a rock-climbing wall and more.
CIRCLE CIVITAN DANCE
WHAT: FREE HALLOWEEN DANCE FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND THEIR CAREGIVERS.
- WHEN: 4-7 p.m. Oct. 27
- WHERE: BREC’s Womack Haunted House, 6201 Florida Blvd.
- INFORMATION: (225) 243-4985.
- DETAILS: Costumes optional. Refreshments include Witches Brew, red beans and rice.
HALLOWEEN AT THE ‘CASTLE’
- WHAT: Castle Creep Fest! A night of fun at Louisiana’s castle, the Old State Capitol.
- WHEN: 5-8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 28.
- WHERE: Old State Capitol, 100 North Blvd.
- ADMISSION: $5 for children; free for adults.
- DETAILS: Wear your costume. Activities include face painting, trick-or-treating, magic shows, storytelling, a mad scientist, dungeon tours and more. There will be food from the Jambalaya Shoppe, CouYons Cajun Bar-B-Q and the Happy Hot Dog Cart.