Eighteen incredible designers, including a few with Baton Rouge connections, are scheduled to showcase their latest collections when the sixth season of New Orleans Fashion Week kicks off Saturday.
“It is a great mix of emerging designers, newcomers and NOLAFW veterans — all born or based in the South,” says Kristina Lagasse of Nola Fashion Week.
Among the local designers whose styles will be hitting the runway at the New Orleans Museum of Art, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, New Orleans, are:
- Anthony Ryan Auld: 7:30 p.m. Monday — The winner of “Project Runway Allstars” and a NOLA Fashion Week veteran returns with his Spring/Summer 2014 collection.
- Hemline presents Rising Stars: M.A.R.K.: 6 p.m. Monday. This collaboration by four LSU students — Krystal Frame, Rachel Detloff, Maddie Louviere and Alex Engelhardt — promises some exciting looks on the cutting edge.
- American Prep Clothing Co.: 6 p.m. Tuesday. Nikki Manuel’s upscale sportswear brand, based in Baton Rouge, will present Spring/Summer 2014 collection.
- Ella Rose: 9 p.m. Tuesday. The recent LSU graduate’s collection features hand-painted original prints and an eclectic mix of textures and natural textiles.
- Christopher John Rogers: 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4. The Baton Rouge Magnet High School graduate, now a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, likes to transform rejects into beautiful fashion.
His collection will be part of the Emerging Designer Showcase.
In addition to the runway shows, the week also includes seven educational workshops on everything from fashion photography to boutique merchandising.
There’s also 15 in-store events, trunk shows and designer showcases. and a host of after-show parties.