LPB’S ART ROCKS
- WHAT: LPB Art Rocks kickoff for the 2013 LPB Art & Travel Auction.
- WHEN: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday.
- WHERE: Louisiana Public Broadcasting, 7733 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge.
- INFO: lpb.org/auction or (225) 767-4289.
- DETAILS: The Friends of LPB’s celebration for art lovers of all ages will feature 270 pieces of art donated by more than 200 Louisiana artists. Attendees will be the first to see the art in person and guarantee a deal. There also will be various Louisiana travel packages available. Admission is free. There will be food, spirits and live music by the Michael Foster Project. Artists will paint live throughout the night. Donated works will be available for online bidding Friday through Oct. 24. The Art Auction Exhibition will be held the same dates at LPB. The Art & Travel Auction will be televised live at 7 p.m. Oct. 24. Funds raised will be used to purchase programming for LPB.
- WHAT: Cat Haven Garage Sale.
- WHEN: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday; half-price sale noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22.
- WHERE: Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 North Harrell’s Ferry Road, Baton Rouge.
- INFO: (225) 636-2680.
- DETAILS: Baby, toddler and special occasion clothing will be sold, along with a variety of other gently used items. Donations are being accepted at the center between noon and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Volunteers are also needed to help set up and work during the sale.
BATTLE OF BR
- WHAT: The Louisiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution, the Capitol Park Museum and the Capitol Park Welcome Center’s commemorative program.
- WHEN: 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- WHERE: Fort San Carlos site, between the Capitol Park Welcome Center and the Pentagon Barracks, Spanish Town Road at North Third Street.
- INFO: (225) 342-5428.
- DETAILS: The event will honor the American Revolutionary War’s Battle of Baton Rouge, which took place Sept. 21, 1779. The watershed battle expelled the British from Louisiana and the Mississippi River.