CARDIO LINE DANCING
- WHAT: Peoples Health’s Cardio Line Dancing class.
- WHEN: 9:30 a.m., Monday.
- WHERE: Paula G. Manship YMCA, 8100 YMCA Plaza Drive, Baton Rouge.
- INFO: myhealth.peopleshealth.com or (866) 220-0418.
- DETAILS: Registration is at 9 a.m. The event is free and open to the public.
- WHAT: Dutch Physical Therapy’s “Helping You Help Yourself” seminar, in conjunction with the Livingston Parish Library.
WHEN: 6:30 p.m., Wednesday.
WHERE: Denham Springs-Walker Branch Livingston Parish Library, 8101 U.S. 190, Denham Springs.
INFO: (225) 588-2068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DETAILS: The free seminar will feature Dr. J. George Jiha, of Spine Diagnostic and Pain Treatment Center, speaking on common causes for back and neck pain and the various treatment options available for resolving pain.
CARING FOR FAMILY
- WHAT: “Family Choices: Facing the Challenges of Dementia Care.”
- WHEN: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday.
- WHERE: Catholic Life Center, Main Auditorium, 1800 S. Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge..
- INFO: brfamilychoices.org or (225) 242-0323.
- DETAILS: Keynote speaker Dr. Christopher Johnson will discuss “Marital Challenges in Early Dementia,” and afternoon keynote speaker Dr. Susan Nelson will discuss “Conversations Change Lives.” Other topics include financial planning, dietary needs, legal issues and others. Cost is $15. Sponsors are the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge’s Office of Marriage & Family Life and Alzheimer’s Services of the Capital Area.