The last line was inadvertently dropped in the Squash Mac and Cheese recipe in the Aug. 29 Eat Your Vegetables column. Here is the complete recipe. The Advocate regrets the error.
Squash Mac and Cheese
Serves 5 to 6. Recipe is from Irma Gremillion.
24 medium yellow squash, diced
1 or 2 tbls. olive oil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
2 tbls. sour cream
½ cup whipping cream
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
21. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter or spray 1½-quart baking dish with nonstick coating. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in medium skillet and sauté diced squash with salt and pepper until squash is just tender. Remove from heat.
3. In separate small bowl whisk egg, sour cream and whipping cream together until well mixed; set aside.
4. Place half the squash in a single layer in bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with half the cheese. Repeat layers of squash and cheese.
5. Pour egg and cream mixture over the top, making sure it covers squash and cheese.
6. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown around the edges.