Prime Time International
Skillet-Grilled Mini Sweet Peppers With Pesto
Serves 4. Recipe is from Prime Time International.
12 tricolored mini sweet peppers
6 fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion
1 medium tomato
6 baby artichokes, canned or in a jar
2 tbls. olive oil
2 tbls. salted and roasted sunflower seeds
3 tbls. pesto sauce, fresh or pre-made
1 tbl. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Slice minipeppers and onions into bite-sized wedges.
2. In a skillet, on high heat, add oil only to coat pan and flash fry onions, peppers, mushrooms and baby artichokes, turning just to brown edges and soften.
3. Lower heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Cook vegetables until tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Pour pesto sauce and lemon juice over vegetables and serve with sunflower seeds as garnish.