Serves about 6. Recipe is from Margo Bouanchaud Hayes. Serve this topped with a pound of lump crabmeat for the perfect summer lunch or supper.
4 1/2 cups Bloody Mary mix, divided
3 tbls. unflavored gelatin (3 envelopes)
1 tbl. lemon juice
2 tbls. chopped parsley
Finely chopped bell pepper, celery, carrots or olives, as desired.
1. Chill 2 cups of Bloody Mary mix. Place 1 1/2 cups of the cold Bloody Mary mix in a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes for the gelatin to soften.
2. Put 2 1/2 cups of the Bloody Mary mix in a saucepan and heat until hot. Add the Bloody Mary mix/gelatin combination and continue heating on medium heat, stirring mixture until the gelatin melts completely.
3. Pour in the remaining half cup of Bloody Mary mix and the lemon juice and mix well.
4. Add chopped vegetables and olives as desired.
5. Pour the mixture into one mold or individual molds and refrigerate until firm.