Original-style Buffalo Chicken Wings
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is from chef Tony Matassa and BBQGuys.com.
4 lbs. chicken wings
Sliced carrots, for serving
Celery, for serving
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbl. lemon juice
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tbls. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 tbls. honey
1 tbl. apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to 425 degrees to 450 degrees. Prepare your chicken wings as drumettes by splitting them at each joint and removing the wing tips.
2. Combine marinade ingredients and whisk to combine. Add wings to marinade, cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
4. After marinating, remove wings from the refrigerator and allow them to stand at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes while preparing Buffalo Sauce and preheating grill to medium-high.
5. Combine all Buffalo Sauce ingredients, blend and set aside until the wings are grilled.
6. Begin placing the wings across the cooking grids, skin side down. Grill for 20 to 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so.
7. Remove the wings from the grill and place them next to your bowl of Buffalo Sauce. Place about six wings at a time into the sauce, toss to coat and remove to a platter. Arrange on the platter with sliced carrots and celery.