Makes enough for 2 large pizzas or 5 (8-inch) flour tortillas. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
2 large pizza crusts or 5 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 lb. lean ground beef
1⁄3 cup chopped onion
1 dry taco seasoning packet
1 cup water
1 (15.5-oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
About 1 cup of your favorite salsa
6 to 8 ozs. grated cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup shredded lettuce or spinach
1½ cups cooked whole kernel corn
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees or as per package instructions. Place crust on baking sheet.
2. Prepare toppings and set aside.
3. In medium skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off all fat. Add onion, taco seasoning and water. Cook until onions are tender and sauce has thickened slightly. Add the drained black beans.
4. Top crusts with meat mixture and bake according to package instructions or in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 10 minutes or until crust and meat mixture is thoroughly heated.
5. Remove from oven and let each person top his or her pizza with the selection of toppings.