Cream Cheese and Bacon Turkey Roll-ups
Serves 4. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
4 boneless, skinless turkey breast cutlets (about 1 to 2 lbs.)
6 slices bacon, (2 slices cooked, 4 uncooked)
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
3 green onions, chopped
1 (15-oz.) jar Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo sauce
Yellow rice, cooked
1. Place turkey cutlets on wax paper and top with another piece of wax paper. Pound gently with mallet and flatten.
2. Crumble the 2 slices of cooked bacon and mix with softened cream cheese and green onions.
3. Spread mixture onto each cutlet and roll up. Wrap each with uncooked bacon slice and fasten with toothpick. Place in slow cooker.
4. Pour Alfredo sauce over all. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Using slotted spoon, remove and place on top of cooked yellow rice or rice of choice. Garnish with a couple of fresh asparagus spears or extra cooked, crumbled bacon.