- MEET THE AUTHOR: noon, Orientation Center and Museum Store, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Susan Morrison will discuss her book “Home Front Girl: A Diary of Love, Literature and Growing up in Wartime America.” http://www.nationalww2museum.org or (504) 528-1944, ext. 229.
- BICYCLING THE BACK TRAILS AND TIPS TO TRAIL RIDING: 6 p.m., Northlake Nature Center, 23135 La. 190, Mandeville. The Bike Path owner David Moeller will share tips to riding the trails and guide riders through the back trails. Reservations required. $5, nonmembers; free, members. (985) 626-1238.
- PARTY FOR THE COAST: 7 p.m., Generations Hall, 310 Andrew Higgins Drive, New Orleans. Complimentary Abita Beer, free food and live music. Live and silent auctions. $25. http://www.jambase.com.
- BURN: 6 p.m., Zeitgeist Performing Arts Center, 1618 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., New Orleans. Screening of the documentary. This film contains adult language, themes and brief nudity. $10. (800) 838-3006.
- VICTORY BALL: 5:30, patron party; 7 p.m., ball; dessert and dancing, 9 p.m., Stage Door Canteen and American Sector Restaurant, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Proceeds benefit the Museum’s educational outreach initiatives. http://www.nationalww2museum.org or (504) 528-1944, ext. 306.
- WALK IN THE WOODS: 8 a.m., Northlake Nature Center, 23135 La. 190, Mandeville. A guided hike. Reservations required. $5, nonmembers; free, members. (985) 626-1238.
- I STILL GOT IT! ADULT FANTASY FOOTBALL TRAINING CAMP: 8 a.m., Big Easy Sportsplex, 800 Webb St., New Orleans. Participants will train like the pros, learn from coaches, current and former NFL players, and receive on-field instruction during the two practice sessions, all in preparation for the Black & Gold showdown flag football game. Banquets and social time where campers will have time to interact with the pros. http://tcynow.org.
- CLOUET GARDENS BLOCK PARTY & BARBECUE: 4 p.m., Clouet Gardens, 710 Clouet St., New Orleans. Annual barbecue, with all-you-can-eat plates and drinks. Games, live music and artist Laurel True will install her new moasic mural of Bywater. The Mudlark Puppeteers present a show at 7 p.m. $10. http://www.clouetgardens.com.
- LOVE, SEX & MISSED CONNECTIONS (NEW ORLEANS): 7 p.m., Zeitgeist Multi-Disciplinary Arts Center, 1618 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., New Orleans. http://www.zeitgeistinc.net.
- FILM SCREENING- “SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE”: 6 p.m., Stage Door Canteen, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. http://www.nationalww2museum.org or (504) 528-1944, ext. 229.
- “DON’T LET THAT MAN GO”: 6:30 p.m., The Joy Theater, 1200 Canal St., New Orleans. The premier of Mr. Lucky Johnson’s movie. http://www.thejoytheater.com.
- WEDNESDAYS ON THE POINT RIVERFRONT FESTIVAL: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., 200 Morgan St. riverside where the Algiers Ferry Terminal meets the levee. Live music by Vivaz Latin Band and Spanish guitarist Paky Saavedra. Arts and crafts vendors and food. Free. (504) 362-6436.
- “FREE ANGELA AND ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS”: 7:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., AMC Clearview Palace 12, 4486 Veterans Blvd., Metairie. A viewing and discussion of the story of Angela Davis. Hosted by Sarah L. Webb of S.L. Writes and Morgan Valerie of NOLA Black Professionals. $10. (225) 266-1861. http://www.amctheatres.com.