LSU School of Human Ecology
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Wrap
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is provided by LSU School of Human Ecology.
2 yams, shredded (about 2 cups, preferably unpeeled)
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup chopped red onion
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
1/4 cup light Italian dressing
2 tsps. honey
6 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed to soften
1. Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and put over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté the shredded yams over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp tender, then transfer to a bowl.
3. In the same skillet, sprayed again, sauté the red onion for 5 minutes or until tender, then add the onion to the shredded yams, along with the black beans, green onions and sunflower seeds, mixing well.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the dressing and honey. Add to the yam mixture, tossing to coat.
5. Fill the tortillas and wrap them up.