Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
2 zucchini, sliced
2 large carrots, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. basil
¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
½ tsp. black pepper
1 (25-oz.) jar prepared marinara sauce
½ cup walnut pieces, divided
1½ cups mozzarella cheese
1. Place zucchini, carrots, onion and garlic in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle basil, Italian seasoning and black pepper over all.
3. Boil spaghetti for 6 to 7 minutes on stove-top. Using slotted spoon, transfer cooked noodles into slow cooker.
4. Pour marinara sauce over all and top with half of walnuts and half of the cheese.
5. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
6. In last 30 minutes of cooking time, add rest of walnuts and cheese.