Rustic Cherry-Berry Pie Pops
Makes 24 pie pops. Recipe is from Ocean Spray.
1 (14.1-oz.) pkg. refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
2 cups frozen cherries
2 cups frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup cranberry-cherry juice drink
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
12 ovenproof lollipop sticks, cut in half
1 egg white, beaten
Colored sugars, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Let crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before unrolling. Unroll on lightly floured surface. Roll crusts lightly with rolling pin to even out surfaces.
2. Using a 2¼-inch cookie cutter or glass, cut out about 12 circles from each pastry sheet (24 total circles). Place 12 pie pop circles on parchment-lined cookie sheets; set aside remaining 12. Press one lollipop stick in the center of each of the 12 circles on the parchment-lined sheets; set aside.
3. While oven is heating, combine all sauce ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan. Mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens slightly (8 to 9 minutes). Remove from heat; cool.
4. Place about 1 heaping teaspoon of filling on the 12 pastry circles with the sticks, being careful not to get filling on edges. Top each filled circle with remaining pastry circles. Using another lollipop stick, press edges of circles to seal.
5. Place pie pops on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Brush each pie pop with beaten egg white. If desired, sprinkle each pie pop with colored sugars.
6. Bake until very lightly browned (13 to 15 minutes). Let the pie pops cool completely. If desired, wrap each pie pop with plastic and tie with a ribbon.