KitchenAid and Family Features Editorial Syndicate
Makes 24 small tartlets. Recipe is from KitchenAid and Family Features Editorial Syndicate.
4 ozs. light cream cheese
3 tbls. butter, divided
¾ cup plus 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
8 ozs. fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped green onions
¼ cup dried thyme leaves
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
1. Place cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter in bowl of electric mixer. Attach flat beater to mixer. Turn to medium and beat about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add ¾ cup flour. Turn to low and mix about 1 minutes or until well blended. Form mixture into ball. Wrap in waxed paper and chill 1 hour. Clean mixer bowl and beater.
2. Divide chilled dough into 24 pieces. Press each piece into miniature muffin cup (lightly greased if desired).
3. Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat. Cool.
4. Place egg, remaining 1 teaspoon flour and thyme in mixer bowl. Turn on medium-high and beat about 30 seconds. Stir in cheese and cooled mushroom mixture; spoon into pastry-lined muffin cups.
5. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until egg mixture is puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.