King Arthur Flour
Makes 8 large scones. Recipe is from King Arthur Flour.
21/2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄3 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter, diced
1/2 cup Biscoff Spread, smooth or chunky
1⁄3 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
For the glaze:
2 tbls. Biscoff Spread
2 tbls. heavy cream or milk
1/2 to 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or prepare your favorite scone pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk to remove lumps.
3. Work in the butter just until the mixture is unevenly crumbly; it’s OK for some larger chunks of butter to remain unincorporated.
4. In a measuring cup, combine the eggs, Biscoff Spread and cream until well blended. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all is moistened and holds together.
5. Scrape the moist dough onto the parchment paper and pat into an 8-inch round, about 3/s thick. Use a bench knife or scrape to divide into 8 equal wedges.
6. Bake the scones for 20 to 25 minutes. The edges will become a crisp, deep brown and the center will no longer look wet.
7. Remove the scones from the oven to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until soft and creamy. Spread over the warm scones and serve immediately.