Serving size depends on application. Recipe is by Kristy Prattini.
1 cup wheat gluten
Spice variations, if desired
1 cup vegetable broth
2 tbls. soy sauce
2 tbls. tahini or sesame paste
1 tbl. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
Dash of liquid smoke
Vegetable cooking spray
1½ tsps. cumin
1½ tsps. chili powder
1½ tsps. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
Italian sausage style:
1½ tsps. garlic powder
1½ tsps. ground fennel seeds
1 tbl. Italian seasoning blend (oregano, rosemary, thyme, basil, etc.)
8 to 10 minced sun-dried tomatoes
1. Oil 13x9-inch cookie sheet.
2. Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls.
3. Combine wet ingredients into dry, stirring as little as possible.
4. Immediately crumble the resulting dough onto the cookie sheet. Spray tops with vegetable cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip crumbles over and bake 5 to 10 more minutes.