Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Serves 4 to 5. Recipe is from Jay Chaisson.
1 to 1½ lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts
2 or 3 tbls. olive oil
1 tsp. soy sauce, optional
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Recut very bottom ends of Brussels sprouts, just removing the dried part. Cut the larger Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. The very small ones can stay whole. Place in medium-size bowl.
3. Sprinkle lightly with olive oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat all Brussels sprouts.
4. Place in shallow baking pan in a single layer. Roast in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes or until the outside is lightly browned. The insides should be tender. Occasionally shake or move Brussels sprouts around to keep from burning. Timing depends on size of Brussels sprouts.
5. Right after removing them from the oven, Chaisson sprinkles again with a little salt or grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.