Stuffed Pizza Bites
Makes 24 bites. Recipe is from Sommer Wadsworth.
1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
Grated mozzarella or Italian blend cheese, to taste
Pizza toppings of your choice, such as ham and pineapple, pepperoni, sausage, chopped green peppers or onions
1 tbl. olive oil or melted butter
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
2 tbls. grated Parmesan cheese
Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the pizza dough package, usually 400 degrees.
2. Unroll the pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll the dough so it’s at least 12 inches by 8 inches. Use a pizza cutter to slice the dough into 24 squares.
3. Place cheese and desired toppings on each square, layering the cheese on first. Make sure to use just enough toppings so that the dough can fold easily around them.
4. Carefully lift each square and wrap the dough around the toppings, pinching to make sure each ball is sealed shut. Place seam-side down in a lightly sprayed pie pan.
5. Brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil or melted butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the dough is slightly golden. Doughs vary, so begin checking for doneness around 10 minutes. Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.