Cajun Bacon Ice Cream
Makes 1/2 gallon. Recipe adapted by Michele Hornsby from a Food Network recipe.
1 lb. thick-slice bacon
1 cup sugar
1/2 gal. Kleinpeter’s Vanilla Ice Cream
1 cup Steen’s cane syrup
Catdaddy Spiced Moonshine Original
1. Cook bacon until crispy. When cool enough to handle, finely chop.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set pan aside.
3. Place sugar in saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring with a fork until the sugar starts to melt. Stop stirring and cook until the sugar is a golden caramel color, about 10 minutes.
4. Add chopped bacon to the sugar and stir to coat. Pour onto prepared baking sheet and let harden. When hardened, chop the candied bacon into small pieces.
5. To slightly softened ice cream, add candied bacon and Steen’s syrup and mix together. Refreeze until hardened and serve. Pour a small amount of moonshine over each serving of ice cream.