Asparagus Beef Wraps
Makes 40. Recipe is by Dr. Hal Canning.
40 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1 (8-oz.) pkg. spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
3 to 5 tbls. prepared horseradish
2 (5-oz.) pkgs. thinly sliced roast beef or 20 slices of deli roast beef sliced on a No. 2 setting
½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
1. In a large skillet, bring 11/2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in an ice water bath. Drain and pat dry.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish.
3. Pat beef slices dry with paper towels. Spread each slice with a layer of cream cheese mixture, approximately 1 to 2 teaspoons depending on size of beef slices.
4. Trim asparagus to a length equal to the diameter of the beef slice. Place two asparagus spears (each pointing outward) and sprinkle with diced red pepper.
5. Roll up tightly. Refrigerate and slice in half before serving to yield 40 pieces.