Serves 4. Recipe is by chef Chris Wadsworth, of Restaurant IPO.
2 tbls. butter, divided
1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, diced
3 red bell peppers, diced
3 green bell peppers, diced
3 fresh jalapeños, diced
2 tbls. fresh cilantro, diced
2 cups Monterey Jack/cheddar cheese blend
1. Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon butter. Add crawfish tails, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños and cilantro.
2. Cook until the unions are translucent and tomatoes are soft.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, add 1 tablespoon of butter and brown tortillas.
5. Pour crawfish mixture evenly over 2 tortillas, spreading mixture to the edges.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over both tortillas and cover with remaining two tortillas.
7. Cut the tortilla into 4 pielike slices and serve.