The Original Potato Salad
Serves 8. Recipe is from Hellmann’s Best Foods.
2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbls. vinegar
11/2 tsps. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1. Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly.
3. Combine mayonnaise with vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.