Easy Ham Quiche
Makes a 10-inch (large) quiche. Recipe is from “Tell Me More” by The Junior League of Lafayette, Inc. This quiche can also be served at room temperature.
½ lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
2 tbls. butter or margarine
1 cup sour cream
1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup flour
6 to 8 drops Tabasco sauce
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
½ cup chopped cooked ham
1. Sauté mushrooms in butter in a medium skillet until lightly browned, drain well and set aside.
2. Combine next six ingredients in blender or food processor.
3. In large bowl, combine egg mixture, mushrooms, cheese and ham. Pour into a 10-inch quiche dish.
4. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until top is firm.
5. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.