Makes 8 individual crusts or 1 large crust. Recipe is from Young Chefs Academy.
1 (0.25 oz.) pkg. rapid rise dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tbls. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a liquid measuring cup, mix yeast and warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of oil.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer, mix salt, flour and yeast. Mix until dough forms a ball.
3. Turn dough out onto a surface dusted with flour and knead briefly until dough is smooth.
4. Lightly oil a mixing bowl and turn the dough in the bowl to coat with oil. Cover with a damp dish towl and let the dough rise in a warm area for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Punch down the dough and place it on a surface dusted with flour. Divide the dough using a pastry bench. Knead for 6 minutes and gently stretch into shape by hand.
6. Add ingredients for pizza, such as tomato sauce, herbs, cheese and vegetables.
7. Place dough on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.