Crunchy Salsa Chicken Bake
Serves 6. Recipe is from Family Features.
1 (12-count) box taco shells, broken into pieces
1 (20-oz.) bag cubed, cooked chicken
1 (1.25-oz.) packet taco seasoning
1 (16-oz.) jar salsa
1/4 cup taco sauce
1 cup light sour cream
1 (4-oz.) can diced green chilies
1 cup pimiento stuffed olives, rinsed
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
4 cups Mexican-blend shredded cheese, divided
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Pour broken chips into a baking dish and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss chicken with taco seasoning. Rub chicken cubes with your fingers to thoroughly distribute seasoning.
4. In a medium bowl, combine salsa, taco sauce and sour cream. Stir in chilies, olives and cilantro. Pour over chicken and combine thoroughly. Stir in 3 cups of cheese and chicken broth.
5. Pour chicken mixture into baking pan over broken taco shells.
6. Sprinkle on remaining cup of cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.