Here’s what’s happening this week in the arts:
- SEPT. 29, AUDITIONS CONTINUE FOR THE BATON ROUGE BALLET THEATRE’S “THE NUTCRACKER: A Tale from the Bayou,” Dancers Workshop, 10745 Linkwood Courtt. For information, call (225) 766-8379.
- Sept. 29, deadline for entries to the “Uncommon Thread Wearable Art Show 2013.”Also, tickets are on sale for the Oct. 19 show at the LSU Museum of Art, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. For entry information and tickets, visit culturecandy.org.
- Entries are sought for the Mid City Merchants’ White Light Night art hop on Nov. 22. For information, call (225) 924-6437.
- TICKETS ARE ON SALE FOR THE LOUISIANA ART & SCIENCE MUSEUM’S 28TH ANNUAL GALA, “BOLD EXPRESSION,” 7:30-10 p.m. Oct. 18, at the museum, 100 S. River Road. Tickets are $100 for museum members; $150 for nonmembers. For tickets, call (225) 344-5272, ext. 151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Through Nov. 3, “Cycles of Light” by Willie Willie, The Grapevine Cafe and Gallery, 211 Railroad Ave., Donaldsonville. For information, call (225) 473-8463.
- Southeastern Louisiana University’s annual October arts Festival, Fanfare, will open Sept. 30 with the film, “Louisiana During World War II,” at the Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, 220 E. Thomas St. Hammond. For tickets and a schedule of events, call (985) 543-4366 or visit columbiatheatre.org.
- 7:30 p.m. Oct. 1, Jazz Showcase dedicated to legendary jazzman Thaddeus Jones, LSU Union Theatre, Raphael Semmes Drive on campus. Tickets are $20 for general admission; $15 for faculty, staff, seniors; $10 for students. For tickets, call (225) 578-5128 or visit music.lsu.edu.
- 6 p.m. Oct. 3, Civil War Sesquicentennial Commemoration Speaker Series, The 1863 Battle of Stirling’s Plantation at Bayou Fordoche by Curtis Milbourn, Louisiana State Museum’s Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St. For information, call (225) 638.6575 or visit atchafalaya.org.
- 1-3 p.m. Oct. 5 and 12, Art Explorations studio art series for kids, LSU Museum of Art, 100 Lafayette St. To register, call (225) 389-7207 or email email@example.com.
- Oct. 1-30, Associated Women in the Arts’ “Fall Art Show,” Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane. For information, visit AssociatedWomenintheArts.com.