Things are warming up in midcity as 11 businesses are celebrating art during the coming spring with the third annual Mid City Art Thaw, set for 5:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, March 7.
Sponsored by the Mid City Merchants Association, Mid City Art Thaw is a smaller art hop featuring businesses that sell original art throughout the year.
These small, locally owned businesses offer unique, creative and fun atmosphere, with personal service.
Patrons can expect to see new art work, talk with local artists, and socialize with others who love art.
- Abat-Jour Interiors, LLC, 545 S. Foster Drive, (225) 929-9620.
- Artvark, Ltd., 672 Jefferson Highway, call (504) 892-3853.
- Atomic Pop Shop, 2963 Government St., (225) 771-8455.
- Brew Ha Ha!, 711 Jefferson Highway, Suite 2A, (225) 923-1923.
- Decor Rouge, 1857 Government St., (225) 454-6699.
- Elizabethan Gallery, 680 Jefferson Highway, (225) 924-6437.
- Gallery Bohemia, 3774 Government St., (225) 333-2055.
- Gerard Furniture and Gallery, 7330 Florida Blvd., (225) 926-0250.
- Mosaic Garden, 1857 Government St., (225) 389-0068.
- Rue Cou Cou, 1857 Government St., (225) 343-9722.
- Sally’s Circa 1857, 1857 Government St., (225) 387-8667.
The event is free to the public, and many locations offer complimentary refreshments. The Mid City Art and Design District is a designated cultural district with no sales tax on original art.
For more information, call (225) 343-9722 or email email@example.com.
Mid City Art and Design District