- WALK THE WETLANDS: 10 a.m., Barataria Preserve, Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 6588 Barataria Blvd., Marrero. Expore Louisiana swamp and marsh on a ranger-guided walk. Free. (504) 689-3690, ext. 10 or nps.gov/jela.
- BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS TALK: 2:45 p.m., Chalmette Battlefield, Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 8606 W. St. Bernard Highway, Chalmette. (504) 281-0510 or nps.gov/jela.
- THE THREE FLAVOURS CORNETTO TRILOGY: 5:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. www.amctheatres.com.
- TACKLING YOUTH UNEMPLOYMENT-STRATEGIES THAT WORK: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. This discussion is part of the Roosevelt Institute’s Rediscovering Government initiative, dedicated to inspiring discussion on how we can use our government’s tools to address our nation’s most pressing problems. Light refreshments will be provided. rediscoveringgovernment.org or cacno.org.
- LET IT SNOW!: 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Razzle Dazzle Headquarters, 2838 Elysian Fields, New Orlean. A one-of-a-kind shopping experience for Friends of NOCCA. Light refreshments and performances by NOCCA students. Ten percent of sales benefit the NOCCA Institute. Free. (504) 940-2900.
- GREEN SCREEN: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Green Project, 2831 Marais St., New Orleans. Monthly environmental film series produced by the Charitable Film Network and The Green Project, with support from Press Street. Co-presented with Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation. This month’s film “Paradise Faded: The Fight for Louisiana.” Refreshments will be served. Free. (504) 945-0240.
SINBAD: 8 P.M., AMC ELMWOOD PALACE 20, 1200 ELMWOOD PARK BLVD., HARAHAN. COMIC SINBAD PERFORMS IN DETROIT. WWW.AMCTHEATRES.COM.
- CHILDREN’S MOVIE SERIES: 10 a.m., The Prytania Theatre, 5339 Prytania St. Screening of “Charlotte’s Web.” $5.75. (504) 891-2787.
- JUNIOR COMMITTEE NEW-MEMBER TEA: 11 a.m., The Opera Guild Home, 2504 Prytania St., New Orleans. A private tour of the Guild home, opera entertainment, and light refreshments. The cost of membership $25 for Juniors (age 21-40) and $50 for Associates (age 41 and older). Your dues for 2013-2014 season will be discounted by the price you paid for admission at this event. $10, advance; $15, door. Admission can be paid through eventbrite.com or via check made out to the Junior Committee and mailed to Autumn Harrell, 1722 General Taylor St., New Orleans, LA 70163. (504) 908-5528 or www.neworleansopera.org/junior-committee.html.
- CHAIRISH THE CHILDREN: 7 p.m., patron party; 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., gala, Louisiana Children’s Museum, 420 Julia St., New Orleans. Display of one-of-a-kind, handmade chairs from artists and community partners around the city. Beautifully designed chairs, works of art, jewelry, travel packages and other exciting items will be showcased and available for bidding in live and silent auctions throughout the event. Proceeds benefit educational programs and exhibits at the museum. $50, museum members; $75, non-members. Patron party tickets start at $150 per person. www.lcm.org.
- SUNDAY SWING FEATURING THE VICTORY SIX WITH THE STAGE DOOR IDOL WINNER: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., free dance lessons; 2 p.m. – 4 p.m., live music, Louisiana Memorial Pavilion, The National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Professional swing dancers will provide coaching for dancers of all levels while local musicians play World War II era hits. No reservations are required for this free event. (504) 528-1944.
- SALVATIONS FURNITURE DESIGN EXHIBITION: 10 a.m.-10 p.m., The Shops at Canal Place, 333 Canal St., New Orleans. Celebrating the best and brightest in local artisan furniture design featuring recycled, repurposed, reclaimed and reimagined materials. Free. (504) 388-7140.
- LAGNIAPPE LECTURE, “GOLF DURING WORLD WAR II” BY TOM GIBBS: noon-1 p.m., H. Mortimer Favrot Orientation Center, The National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Historian Tom Gibbs presents on how the game changed, from materials to courses, during wartime. (504) 528-1944, ext. 229.
- PUB QUIZ: 6 p.m., Stage Door Canteen, The National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. In honor of our special exhibit, “Bob Hope: An American Treasure,” this month’s Pub Quiz will feature rounds on golf and Bob Hope. Play one round, or all six. The American Sector restaurant’s Happy Hour specials will be extended to players, who can also order off the restaurant menu. Free. (504) 528-1940.
- NATIONAL WORLD WAR II MUSEUM: 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. “Bob Hope: An American Treasure,” through June 2, 2014. nationalww2museum.org.