FRIDAY-SUNDAY, JUNE 21-23
- FESTIGALS: Hotel Monteleone, 214 Royal St., New Orleans. Third annual festival created by women for women continues its four-day run of inspirational seminars, enrichment workshops, a culinary presentation, a creative charity auction benefiting the Cancer Association of Greater New Orleans where “bras” take center stage and much more. (855) 425-9563 or http://www.festigals.org.
- LOUISIANA CATFISH FESTIVAL: 5 p.m.-11 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, 10:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, grounds of St. Gertrude the Great Catholic Church, Des Allemands. Pay-one-price rides, live bands, magic shows, balloon animals, children’s games, food, a country store, a plant booth, craft booths, appearance by personalities from History’s Swamp People on Saturday from noon until. Also on Saturday, a catfish-eating contest, and on Saturday and Sunday, a catfish skinning exhibition. (985) 758-7542 or http://louisianacatfishfestival.com/.
- COMMUNITY FAIR/GOSPEL EXTRAVAGANZA: Patterson Junior High School grounds, Patterson. (985) 395-5205.
- LOUISIANA PEACH FESTIVAL: downtown Ruston. Music, arts and crafts, kids’ events, food, 5K and tennis tournament, rodeo, parade and more. (800) 392-9032.
SUNDAY, JUNE 23
- ERATH BBQ COOK-OFF: City Park Drive, Erath. Catholic Mass, 8:30 a.m.; BBQ cook-off begins after Mass. Also, food, arts and crafts show, homemade pie baking and dessert contest, watermelon eating, cracker eating and potato relay contests for all ages; ice cream sandwich eating contest, ages 18 and over, noon. (337) 937-5393