THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND MONDAY-WEDNESDAY
- “RUMPLESTILSKIN”: 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. $8. http://www.rivertowntheaters.com.
- “KILLER JOE”: 8 p.m., The AllWays Lounge, 2240 Saint Claude Ave., New Orleans. Jonathan Mares Productions presents the local premiere of the intense, dark comedy by Tony Award and Pulitzer Award winning playwright Tracy Letts. Tickets $15 on Thursdays and $22 on Fridays and Saturdays. (504) 758-5590.
- AFRICA UMOJA: 8 p.m., Thursday-Saturday and 2 p.m., Sunday, Mahalia Jackson Theater, 1419 Basin St., New Orleans. http://www.mahaliajacksontheater.com.
- “FREEDOM”: 7:30 p.m., Thursday-Saturday and 2 p.m., Sunday, Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. Thursday is JEF Theatre night, featuring a cocktail reception with the playwrights and actors after the show. Proceeds benefit the Jewish Endowment Foundation. Friday is Special Ancient Order of the Hibernians Night with a special talkback after the show. $5 of every ticket benefits the organization. $50, Thursday; $25, Friday; $30-$35, Saturday-Sunday. (504) 528-3800.
- “IRD TO BIRD”: 6:30 p.m., Calliope Puppet Center, 623 Vallette St., New Orleans. Calliope Puppets presents a dinosaur-themed show. Meet a young dinosaur whose family is destined for greatness. Come dressed as your favorite dinosaur. $5, ages 2 and older. (504) 913-8486.
- “THE ADVENTURES OF BUTT BOY AND TIGGER”: 10:30 p.m., Midcity Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. $20. (504) 488-1460 or www.midcitytheatre.com.
- “JEKYLL & HYDE”: 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m., Sunday, Playmakers Theater, 19106 Playmakers Road, Covington. $25, adults; $15, students. (985) 893-1671.
- “A POCKETFUL OF RHYMES”: 7:30 p.m., Friday; 1 p.m., Saturday and 3 p.m., Sunday, NORD Ty Tracy Theatre, First Floor, Gallier Hall, 545 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Performance by the Crescent City Lights Youth Theater. $15. http://www.crescentcitylights.org.
SUNDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
- THE NEW ORLEANS SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL: 7:30 p.m., Tulane University’s Lab Theater, New Orleans. Performance of “The Complete Works of Williams Shakespeare (abridged).” http://NewOrleansShakespeare.tulane.edu or (504) 865-5106.
- “LA TRAVIATA” MET SUMMER ENCORE: 7 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. http://www.amctheatres.com.