To submit event and entertainment items for the Bon Temps calendar, email details to email@example.com or fax to (225) 388-0351. Deadline is at noon Monday.
FRIDAY, MAY 3
- GARDEN TOUR FRIDAYS: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. A guided walking tour of the historic gardens and outbuildings. (888) 376-1867.
- HUNGARIAN SETTLEMENT HISTORICAL SOCIETY BENEFIT: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Hungarian Settlement Museum, La. 43, Albany. Smoked pulled pork dinners for sale including coleslaw, baked beans, roll and dessert. Dine in or pick up. Proceeds benefit the Hungarian Settlement Museum restoration project. $7 per dinner. (985) 662-1873 or (225) 610-7475.
- TICKFAW 200: noon-7 p.m., from Blood River Landing, Springfield. Power boat poker run. Boaters will make eight stops and play for a Royal Flush of Spades, $5,000 payout; best hand, $2,000; second hand, $1,500; third hand, $1,000; and worst hand, $200. All proceeds go to the Sheriff’s Department Marine Division. bloodrivermarina.com/tickfaw-200. This year all proceeds will go to the Sheriff’s Department Marine Division.
- MUSIC & MARKET: 5 p.m., St. Landry Parish Courthouse Square, Opelousas. Music, fresh produce. Featuring Gregg Martinez and The Delta Kings. Bring lawn chairs. No ice chests. (337) 948-6263 or http://www.cityofopelousas.com.
- DOWNTOWN ALIVE!: 5:30 p.m., downtown Lafayette. Free outdoor concert featuring the Rue Boogaloo. (800) 346-1958.
- ROCKIN’ ON THE CREEK: 6 p.m.-11 p.m., The Bluffs, Thompson Creek, St. Francisville. Live music, food and drinks. Proceeds benefit the Women’s Service League’s child literacy efforts. $25; $200, tables of eight. http://www.womensserviceleague.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR FISHING TOURNAMENTS: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Boat Dock, New Roads. (225) 293-3402.
- THE TRAVELIN’ MCCOURYS: 7:30 p.m., Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. (985) 543-4366.
- REQUIEM BY ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER: 7:30 p.m., St. Pius X Catholic Church, 201 E. Bayou Parkway, Lafayette. Performance by Chorale Acadienne. (337) 349-5342 or http://www.choraleacadienne.com.
- JAZZ CABARET: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts. 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Table seating, food, drinks, big band jazz and dancing. $20-$30; free, ULL students, faculty and staff. (337) 233-7060.
SATURDAY, MAY 4
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 6 a.m.-10 a.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Fresh, locally grown produce, arts and crafts, jams and jellies, preserves, baked goods and yard art. (888) 942-3742.
- BAYOU TECHE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Hamilton and North New Market streets, St. Martinville. Produce, arts and crafts for sale. (337) 394-2230.
- CAJUN JAM SESSION: 9 a.m.-noon, Savoy Music Center, 4413 U.S. 190 E., Eunice. Bring instrument. (337) 457-9563.
- HAMMOND MARKET: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., downtown Hammond. Arts and crafts and seasonal homegrown produce. http://www.dddhammond.com.
- TICKFAW 200: noon-7 p.m., from Blood River Landing, Springfield. Power boat poker run. Boaters will make eight stops and play for a Royal Flush of Spades, $5,000 payout; best hand, $2,000; second hand, $1,500; third hand, $1,000; and worst hand, $200. All proceeds go to the Sheriff’s Department Marine Division. bloodrivermarina.com/tickfaw-200
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m., Liberty Theater, Eunice. Cajun music radio and TV show. Music by Sheryl Cormier and Cajun Sounds. $5; $3, children under 12. (337) 457-7389 or http://www.eunice-la.com.
- BOUDREAUX AND FRIENDS FAMILY COMEDY VARIETY SHOW: 6:15 p.m., comedy pre-show; 6:30 p.m., show begins, Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. $20, advance; $25, door; $5, children ages 5 and younger. (225) 638-3998 or (225) 618-8257.
- BUNKO FOR BASKETBALL: 6 p.m., doors open; 7 p.m., Bunko games begin, Twelve Oaks, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. Hors d’oeuvres, beverages, silent auction. Proceeds benefit scholarship programs. $40, advance; $45, door; $200, tables of four. (985) 345-8133 or (985) 549-LION.
SUNDAY, MAY 5
- CLAY SHOOT CLASSIC: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Jeanerette Junior Hunter Education Club, La. 87, Jeanerette. (337) 364-1836.
- BOUDREAUX AND FRIENDS FAMILY COMEDY VARIETY SHOW: 1:45 p.m., comedy pre-show; 2 p.m., show begins, Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. $20, advance; $25, door; $5, children 5 and younger. (225) 638-3998 or (225) 618-8257.
MONDAY, MAY 6
- DANCE AUDITIONS: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., dance studio, room 153, Kinesiology and Health Studies Building, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. Seeking high school seniors and Southeastern students for a fall dance concert. Southeastern students can earn a one-hour credit for rehearsals and performance. (985) 549-2133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUESDAY, MAY 7
- FARMER’S MARKET: 7 a.m.-11 a.m., 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Garden veggies, fruits, jellies, other fresh items. (337) 948-0561.
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Produce, arts and crafts, jams, jellies, baked goods and art.
- FALSE RIVER TUESDAY NIGHT FISHING TOURNAMENTS: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Morrison Parkway Public Boat Dock, New Roads. Fishermen must qualify to fish the final “Classic Tournament,” date TBA. (225) 955-2460.
- 42FIVE: 7:30 p.m., Morgan City Municipal Auditorium, Morgan City. (985) 385-2307.
THURSDAY, MAY 9
- RHYTHMS ON THE RIVER: 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., River Ranch Town Square, 1100 Camellia Blvd., Lafayette. Free live music by Marcia Ball. No ice chests. (337) 216-6566.
- LOUISIANA CROSSROADS: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Featuring the Dirty Dozen Brass Band and special guests. Cajun fare available before the show. $20-$30. (337) 233-7060.
- 2012 FIDDLE MANIA: throughout downtown Opelousas. Public art exhibit featuring oversized fiddles fabricated from metal that were painted and designed by local artists. The exhibit is dedicated in memory of local musician/fiddler and cultural ambassador Hadley J. Castille. (337) 948-5227 or http://www.cityofopelousas.com.
- IMAHARA’S BOTANICAL GARDEN: 5341 Mahoney Road, St. Francisville. Self-guided tours, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays and 1-3 p.m. Sundays. http://imaharasbotanicalgarden.blogspot.com.
- OHR-O’KEEFE MUSEUM OF ART: Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, 386 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, Miss. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Dusti Bongé: Revisiting the Legacy, Lydia Thompson: Roots, Connections and Pathways and Terry Tjader: Ingrained in Wood, through May. George E. Ohr: Selections from Gulf Coast Collections, ongoing. https://www.georgeohr.org.
- SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY: East Stadium, SLU, Hammond. Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday with extended hours until 8 p.m. Wednesday. Spring 2013 Senior Exhibition featuring artwork from 32 graduating seniors, on display through May 15. Free. (985) 549-5080.
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE, HILLIARD ART MUSEUM: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. http://museum.louisiana.edu. Contemporary Folk Art from the Permanent Collection, through August. John Buck: C’est Magnifique, through Sunday, May 11.