To submit event and entertainment items for the Bon Temps calendar, email details to email@example.com or fax to (225) 388-0351. Deadline is at noon Monday.
FRIDAY, APRIL 5
- GARDEN TOUR FRIDAYS: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site. 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. A guided walking tour of the historic Rosedown gardens and outbuildings. (888) 376-1867.
- BACH LUNCH: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m., Parc Sans Souci, corner of Polk, Congress and Vermilion streets, Lafayette. Free outdoor concert by The Revelers. Lunches are available for purchase from Agave Cantina, Chris’ Po-Boys and Great Harvest Bread Co. Proceeds benefit the Lafayette Science Museum Foundation. Free.
- DOWNTOWN ALIVE!: 5:30 p.m., downtown Lafayette. Free outdoor concert featuring Cowboy Mouth. (800) 346-1958
- THE MUSIC OF MOZART: 7 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, St. Francisville. Performance by the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra Quartet. $20. (225) 383-0500.
SATURDAY, APRIL 6
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 6 a.m.-10 a.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Fresh, locally grown produce, arts and crafts, jams and jellies, preserves, baked goods and yard art. (888) 942-3742.
- OXBOW TRIATHLON: New Roads. For more information or to register, call (225) 615-0041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAYOU TECHE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Hamilton and North New Market streets, St. Martinville. Produce, arts and crafts for sale. (337) 394-2230.
- OPEN HOUSE AND SAILING REGATTA: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Pelican Yacht Club, 9000 False River Road, New Roads. http://www.pycl.org or (225) 752-6459.
- SPRING GARDEN STROLL: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., St. Francisville Town Hall, 11936 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Visit seven private gardens in West Feliciana Parish. Proceeds benefit 4 H scholarships and local school gardens. $15. (225) 635-3614.
- CAJUN JAM SESSION: 9 a.m.-noon, Savoy Music Center, 4413 U.S. 190 East, Eunice. Bring instrument. (337) 457-9563.
- ATIONAL TARTAN DAY: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site. 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. Rosedown will fly the Turnbull Clan flag and decorate the house with the Turnbull tartan. Visitors are invited to come dressed in their family tartans. Samples of haggis will be offered in the Old Kitchen. (888) 376-1867.
- EW IBERIA DOWNTOWN ARTWALK: 4 p.m.-7 p.m., begins at Shadows-on-the-Teche (East Main Street), following Main Street to the Episcopal Church (Jefferson Street), then to A&E Gallery (Railroad Avenue), New Iberia. Works by local artists and live music. (337) 369-2330 or http://www.cityofnewiberia.com.
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m., Liberty Theater, Eunice. Cajun music radio and TV show. Music by Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. $5; $3, children under 12. (337) 457-7389 or http://www.eunice-la.com.
- OLD FASHIONED FAIS-DO-DO BARN DANCE: 7 p.m.-midnight, Lakeview RV Park, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, Eunice. (337) 457-2881 or http://www.lvpark.com.
SUNDAY, APRIL 7
- IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF AUDUBON: 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Audubon State Historic Site, 11788 La. 965, St. Francisville. An extended tour takes guests through an audio visual history of the park, a presentation on the prints Audubon created while at Oakley Plantation, followed by a guided house and grounds tour. Please allow one and a half hours. (225) 635-3739.
- SYMPHONY IN THE PARK: 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m., New Iberia City Park, 300 Parkview Drive, New Iberia. Free outdoor concert by the Acadiana Symphony Orchestra presented by the Iberia Cultural Resources Association. (337) 364-1603.
TUESDAY, APRIL 9
- FARMER’S MARKET: 7 a.m.-11 a.m., 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Garden veggies, fruits, jellies, other fresh items. (337) 948-0561.
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Produce, arts and crafts, jams, jellies, baked goods and art.
- FALSE RIVER TUESDAY NIGHT FISHING TOURNAMENTS: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Morrison Parkway Public Boat Dock, New Roads. Fishermen must qualify to fish the final “Classic Tournament,” date TBA. (225) 955-2460.
- PAINTING FOR TOTS: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Galvez Branch, 40300 La. 42, Prairieville. For children ages 18 months-3 years. (225) 622-3339.
- PAJAMA STORYTIME: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library in Dutchtown, 13278 La. 73, Geismar, (225) 673-8699 and Donaldsonville Branch, 500 Mississippi St., Donaldsonville (225) 473-8052. Children ages 7 and younger and their families will listen to stories, sing songs and make art.
- PAUL TAYLOR DANCE PERFORMANCE: 7:30 p.m., Southeastern Louisiana University’s Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. $36-$44. (985) 543-4371. http://www.columbiatheatre.org.
THURSDAY, APRIL 11
- GET CRAZY WITH QUELF: 4:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library in Dutchtown, 13278 La. 73, Geismar. Teens in sixth grade and above will play Quelf. (225) 673-8699.
- RHYTHMS ON THE RIVER: 5:30-8:30 p.m., River Ranch Town Square, 1100 Camellia Blvd., Lafayette. Free live music by MoJeaux. No ice chests. (337) 216-6566.
- ZACHARY RICHARD-AN ACADIAN HOMECOMING: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Q&A sessions and Cajun fare available before the show. $30-$40. (337) 233-7060.
- 2012 FIDDLE MANIA: throughout downtown Opelousas. Public art exhibit featuring oversized fiddles fabricated from metal that were painted and designed by local artists. The exhibit is dedicated in memory of local musician/fiddler and cultural ambassador Hadley J. Castille. (337) 948-5227 or http://www.cityofopelousas.com.
- ART SHOW COMPETITION: Barnes and Noble, 5705 Johnston St., Lafayette. Open to the public. On display through April 27. Judging on Monday, April 22. (337) 856-7369 or (337) 783-8765.
- IMAHARA’S BOTANICAL GARDEN: 5341 Mahoney Road, St. Francisville. Self-guided tours, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays and 1-3 p.m. Sundays. http://imaharasbotanicalgarden.blogspot.com.
- LIVINGSTON PARISH MAIN LIBRARY: 20390 Iowa St., Livingston. Exhibit of paintings by Bonnie Smith-Williams. On display during regular library hours through April. Email email@example.com.
- NEW IBERIA AZALEA TRAIL: New Iberia Welcome Center, 2513 La. 14, New Iberia. Pick up a trail tour map at the welcome center to guide you on a walking or driving tour to view beautiful azaleas in bloom. (888) 942-3742 or http://www.iberiatravel.com.
- ICHOLLS JUBILEE FESTIVAL: Nicholls State University, Thibodaux. Workshops, art festivals, performances, writer’s conference, film history exhibit, talent show and more, through Saturday, April 27. For a schedule of events, visit http://nicholls.edu/jubilee or call (985) 448-4273.
- OHR-O’KEEFE MUSEUM OF ART: Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, 386 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, Miss. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Dusti Bongé: Revisiting the Legacy, Lydia Thompson: Roots, Connections and Pathways and Terry Tjader: Ingrained in Wood, through May. George E. Ohr: Selections from Gulf Coast Collections, ongoing. https://www.georgeohr.org.
- SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY: East Stadium, SLU, Hammond. Visual Arts Juried Student Exhibition, through Thursday, April 11. Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday with extended hours until 8 p.m. Wednesday. Free. (985) 549-5080.
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE, HILLIARD ART MUSEUM: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. http://museum.louisiana.edu. Contemporary Folk Art from the Permanent Collection, through August. John Buck: C’est Magnifique, through May 11.