To submit event and entertainment items for the Bon Temps calendar, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (225) 388-0351. Deadline is at noon Monday.
FRIDAY, MARCH 29
- JANELLE ROBERTS FRIDAY NIGHT BARREL RACE COMPETITION: New Roads Multi-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads. (225) 718-2438.
- BACH LUNCH: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m., Parc Sans Souci, corner of Polk, Congress and Vermilion streets, Lafayette. Free outdoor concert by Horace Trahan & the Ossun Express. Lunches are available for purchase from Ema’s Café, Deano’s and O’Charley’s Restaurant. Proceeds benefit the Lafayette Science Museum Foundation. Free.
SATURDAY, MARCH 30
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 6-10 a.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Fresh, locally grown produce, arts and crafts, jams and jellies, preserves, baked goods and yard art. (888) 942-3742.
- BAYOU TECHE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Hamilton and North New Market streets, St. Martinville. Produce, arts and crafts for sale. (337) 394-2230.
- CAJUN JAM SESSION: 9 a.m.-noon, Savoy Music Center, 4413 U.S. 190 East, Eunice. Bring instrument. (337) 457-9563.
- AUTHOR SIGNING WITH LESLIE HELAKOSKI: 11 a.m., Barnes & Noble, 5705 Johnson St., Lafayette. Author will also read from her new children’s book, Doggone Feet! (337) 989-4142
- EASTER TEA WITH THE WHITE RABBIT: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Twelve Oaks Plantation B&B, 3650 Southdown Mandalay Road, Houma, Authentic tea party in a real plantation house with the White Rabbit. Children’s ticket includes white gloves, Easter hat decorating, tea and goodies, and a photo with the Bunny. Adults, $20; children, $30. Call in advance to reserve seating. (985) 876-5772 or http://www.twelveoaksplanta
- BOOK RELEASE PARTY AND SIGNING WITH CHARLES JOLIVETTE: 2-4 p.m., Casa Azul Gifts, 232 Martin Luther King Drive, Grand Coteau. (337) 622-1032 or festival
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m., Liberty Theater, Eunice. Cajun music radio and TV show. Music by Jackie Caillier, Ivy Dugas & Cajun Cousins. $5; $3, children under 12. (337) 457-7389 or http://www.eunice-la.com.
- OLD FASHIONED FAIS-DO-DO BARN DANCE: 7 p.m.-midnight, Lakeview RV Park, 1717 Veteran Memorial Highway, Eunice. (337) 457-2881 or http://www.lvpark.com.
MONDAY, APRIL 1
- THE FREIGHT HOPPERS: 6:30-9 p.m., NuNu’s, 1510 Bayou Courtableau Road, Arnaudville. A concert including contra and square dancing. Come early for gumbo and soft drinks. $5.
TUESDAY, APRIL 2
- FARMER’S MARKET: 7-11 a.m., 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Garden veggies, fruits, jellies, other fresh items. (337) 948-0561.
- SENSORY STORYTIME: 11 a.m., Ascension Parish Library, Galvez Branch, 40300 La. 42, Prairieville. In honor of World Autism Awareness Day, children with autism will sing songs, read two interactive stories and engage in two sensory activities. (225) 622-3339.
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 2-6 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Produce, arts and crafts, jams, jellies, baked goods and art.
- FALSE RIVER TUESDAY NIGHT FISHING TOURNAMENTS: 6-9 p.m., Morrison Parkway Public Boat Dock, New Roads. Fishermen must qualify to fish the final “Classic Tournament,” date TBA. (225) 955-2460.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3
- CYCLE ZYDECO: Starts and ends in Lafayette. A 4-day, 172-mile bike ride through Cajun country sponsored by TRAIL. (337) 781-9416 or http://www.cyclezydeco.com.
THURSDAY, APRIL 4
- RHYTHMS ON THE RIVER: 5:30-8:30 p.m., River Ranch Town Square, 1100 Camellia Blvd., Lafayette. Free live music by Category 6. No ice chests. (337) 216-6566.
- 2012 FIDDLE MANIA: throughout downtown Opelousas. Public art exhibit featuring oversized fiddles fabricated from metal that were painted and designed by local artists. The exhibit is dedicated in memory of local musician/fiddler and cultural ambassador Hadley J. Castille. (337) 948-5227 or http://www.cityofopelousas.com.
- ART SHOW COMPETITION: Barnes and Noble, 5705 Johnston St., Lafayette. Open to the public. On display April 1-27. Judging on Monday, April 22. (337) 856-7369 or (337) 783-8765.
- IMAHARA’S BOTANICAL GARDEN: 5341 Mahoney Road, St. Francisville. Self-guided tours, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays and 1-3 p.m. Sundays. http://imaharasbotanical
- LIVINGSTON PARISH MAIN LIBRARY: 20390 Iowa St., Livingston. Exhibit of paintings by Bonnie Smith-Williams. On display during regular library hours through April. Email myartand
- NEW IBERIA AZALEA TRAIL: New Iberia Welcome Center, 2513 La. 14, New Iberia. Pick up a trail tour map at the welcome center to guide you on a walking or driving tour to view beautiful azaleas in bloom. (888) 942-3742 or http://www.iberiatravel.com.
- ICHOLLS JUBILEE FESTIVAL: Nicholls State University, Thibodaux. Workshops, art festivals, performances, writer’s conference, film history exhibit, talent show and more, through Saturday, April 27. For a schedule of events, visit http://nicholls.edu/jubilee or call (985) 448-4273.
- OHR-O’KEEFE MUSEUM OF ART: Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, 386 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, Miss. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Dusti Bongé: Revisiting the Legacy, Lydia Thompson: Roots, Connections and Pathways and Terry Tjader: Ingrained in Wood, through May. George E. Ohr: Selections from Gulf Coast Collections, ongoing. https://www.georgeohr.org.
- SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY: East Stadium, SLU, Hammond. Visual Arts Juried Student Exhibition, through Thursday, April 11. Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday with extended hours until 8 p.m. Wednesday. Free. (985) 549-5080
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE, HILLIARD ART MUSEUM: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. http://museum.louisi
ana.edu. Contemporary Folk Art from the Permanent Collection, through August. John Buck: C’est Magnifique, through May 11.