- SURVIVE NEW ORLEANS-AN ART EXHIBITION: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., Pop Up Gallery Warehouse, 1233 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., New Orleans. The artists work from the same flat monochromatic palette mixing ink markers, brush, rollers and spray paint. One night only. Free. (504) 569-2700 or http://www.superviveredesign.com.
- ARTIST’S RECEPTION: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Callan Contemporary, 518 Julia St., New Orleans. Opening reception for “Systems” by James Kennedy, on view through May 25. (504) 525-0518 or http://www.callancontemporary.com.
- OPENING RECEPTION: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Jonathan Ferrara Gallery, 400a Julia Street, New Orleans. “Goddesses and Monsters,” by Monica Zeringue on view through April 23. (504) 522-5471 or http://www.jonathanferraragallery.com.
- FINE ART AUCTION: noon, preview; 1:30 p.m., auction, Westin New Orleans Canal Place, New Orleans. 1,000 original paintings, sculpture, serigraphs, etchings and lithographs by Berrho, Chagall, Dali, Deyber, Erte, Francis, Fressinier, Hallam, Haring, Hart, Hofmann, Kondakova, Lalonde, Lichtenstein, Mas, Mira, Murakami, Picasso, Rembrandt and Warhol among many others. RSVP (504) 299-9055.
- ADELE SYPESTEYN’S STUDIO SPACE: 117 Focis Street, Suite 210, Metairie. Open for visitors April 10, 11 and 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. http://www.adelesypesteyn.com.
- CALLAN CONTEMPORARY: 518 Julia St., New Orleans. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (504) 525-0518 or visit http://www.callancontemporary.com.
- CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER: 900 Camp St., New Orleans. “Color Fall Down,” photographs by Priya Kambli and Swamp to Swamp: Works by MILAGROS until Sunday. “A thousand threads” by Luba Zygarewicz, through June 2. “And Their Voices Cry Freedom Again” by Hannibal Lokumbe, through April 12. Beyond “Beasts”: The Art of Court 13, through June 16. Brilliant Disguise: Masks and Other Transformations, through June 16. (504) 528-3800.
- DUTCH ALLEY ARTISTS’ CO-OP: 912 St. Peters St., New Orleans. Representing 25 local artists working in fabric, glass, clay, photography, etc. Open daily, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (504) 412-9220 or http://dutchalleyartistsco-op.com.
- THE FOUNDATION: 608 Julia St., New Orleans. “The Offing,” an exhibition of new paper collages by New York-based artist Casey Ruble, through April 20. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday; closed Sunday and Monday. For more information, visit http://www.foundationgallerynola.com or phone (504) 568-0955.
- JEAN BRAGG GALLERY OF SOUTHERN ART: 600 Julia St., New Orleans. “Painting on Site” by Steve Bourgeois, April 6-30. (504) 895-7375 or http://www.jeanbragg.com. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free.
- JONATHAN FERRARA GALLERY: 400a Julia St., New Orleans. “Goddesses and Monsters,” new work by Monica Zeringue, through April 23. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday and by appointment (504) 522-5471 or http://www.jonathanferraragallery.com.
- LEMIEUX GALLERIES: 332 Julia St., New Orleans. New paintings by Billy Solitario will remain on view until April 12. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. (504) 522-5988.
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-CABILDO: 751 Chartres St., New Orleans. “The Palm, the Pine and the Cypress: Newcomb Pottery of New Orleans,” major exhibition of Newcomb art pottery, through September. (504) 568-6968 or http://www.crt.state.la.us/museum/properties/cabildo.aspx.
- THE MCKENNA MUSEUM: 2003 Carondelet St., New Orleans. Faces of Treme, photographs by Chandra McCormick and Keith Calhoun. (504) 586-7432.
- MID-CITY THEATRE : 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. The 5th Annual Femme Fest Exhibition is “Celebrating The Art of Women” by showcasing Louisiana women artists at Mid-City Theater during Cabaret Month through April 20. Daily, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. http://midcitytheatre.wordpress.com.
- M.S. RAU ANTIQUES: 630 Royal St., New Orleans. Impressionism — Influences and Impact, paintings by Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Vincent van Gogh and Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot. (504) 523-5660.
- NEW ORLEANS MUSEUM OF ART: 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. “Reinventing Nature: Art from the School of Fontainebleau,” through May 19. “Portrait of Faith: John Paul II in Life and Art,” through June 16. (504) 658-4100 or http://noma.org.
- OCTAVIA ART GALLERY: 4532 Magazine St., New Orleans. Recent oil paintings by Edward Bear Miller. “Cuba Connection,” an exhibition featuring painting, photography, prints, and mixed media works by Cuban and Cuban-American artists. http://www.octaviaartgallery.com.
- OGDEN MUSEUM OF SOUTHERN ART: 925 Camp St., New Orleans. Deborah Luster: “Tooth For an Eye: A Chorography of Violence in Orleans Parish,” through Sunday. Southern Abstraction, from the Permanent Collection of the Ogden Museum of Southern Art. http://www.ogdenmuseum.org or (504) 539-9600.
- A STUDIO IN THE WOODS: Isabelle Hayeur’s underwater photography exhibition, “Underworlds,” through April 28. Visit http://www.astudiointhewoods.org.