- “FLASHDANCE”: 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts, 801 N. Rampart St., New Orleans. http://www.mahaliajackson
- “YENTL”: 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday, Tulane University’s Lupin Theatre, 215 McWilliams Hall, Laplace. In this retelling of Isaac Bashevis Singer’s classic story, Yentl, a brilliant young scholar, defies tradition by disguising herself as a man so she can continue her studies. Featuring contemporary music by Jill Sobule, this is both an uorthodox love story and parable for our time. $12. (504) 865-5106. http://tulane.edu/liberal-arts/theatre-dance/box-office.cfm.
- “SWEENEY TODD:” 8 p.m., Cutting Edge Theater, 747 Robert Blvd., Slidell. A 1979 musical thriller with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and libretto by Hugh Wheeler. $20. http://www.cuttingedge
theater.com or (985) 640-0333.
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Performance of “The ‘Quarter’ Rat Pack.” The wacky efforts of one member to reunite a once-busy trio. Produced by Marshall Harris / ARTBOY Productions. $20. (504) 488-1460. http://www.MidCityTheatre.com.
- THE METROPOLITAN OPERA — PARSIFAL LIVE: 11 a.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd. Harahan. Jonas Kaufmann, Katarina Dalayman and Peter Mattei star in Wagner’s final masterpiece. Daniele Gatti conducts. http://www.amctheatres.com.
- SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL AUDITIONS: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tulane University-McWilliams Hall, 6823 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Auditions: New Orleans Shakespeare Festival at Tulane. Seeking male and female professional actors with a strong command of classical text. For info and instructions please visit http://neworleans
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Jennifer Blades performs “My Funny Valentine.” Songs by Arlen, Rodgers & Hart, Sondheim, Gershwin and Weill as well as Elmer Bernstein, Noel Coward and Alec Wilder. $20. (504) 488-1460. http://www.MidCityTheatre.com.
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 6 p.m., Mid City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Performance of “The Beatles: Love, Love, Love (yeah, yeah, yeah!).” Amy Alvarez and Butch Caire join in this tribute to the music of The Beatles. $20. (504) 488-1460.
- LIVE TAPING OF AMERICA’S GOT TALENT: Noon, UNO Lakefront Arena, 6801 Franklin Ave., New Orleans. Free. http://arena.uno.edu.
- MID-CITY THEATRE CABARET MONTH: 7:30 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Open Mic Night. $10 (Cash at the door). (504) 488-1460.
- “SPANK!”: 8 p.m., Harrah’s New Orleans Theatre, 228 Poydras St., New Orleans. $29.75-$39.75. http://www.HarrahsNewOrleans.com, http://www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Performance of “Lola Falana, Showgirl.” Anais St. John presents her new cabaret about the “First Lady of Las Vegas.” Free parking, cash bar, admission $20. (504) 488-1460.
- THE METROPOLITAN OPERA-RIGOLETTO ENCORE: 6:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Verdi’s opera, transplanted to 1960 Las Vegas. Piotr Beczala, Zeljko Lucic and Diana Damrau star. Directed by Michael Mayer. http://www.amctheatres.com.