To submit event and entertainment items for the Bon Temps calendar, email details to email@example.com or fax to (225) 388-0351. Deadline is at noon Monday.
FRIDAY, DEC. 28
- LOUISIANA FILM SERIES: 7 p.m., Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. Screening of Ernest Gaines’ The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman. Free. (225) 638-6575.
SATURDAY, DEC. 29
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 6 a.m.-10 a.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Fresh, locally grown produce, arts and crafts, jams and jellies, preserves, baked goods and yard art. (888) 942-3742.
- FARMER’S MARKET: 7 a.m.-11 a.m., 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Garden veggies, fruits, jellies, other fresh items. (337) 948-0561.
- BAYOU TECHE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Hamilton and North New Market streets, St. Martinville. Produce, arts and crafts for sale. (337) 394-2230.
- CAJUN JAM SESSION: 9 a.m.-noon, Savoy Music Center, 4413 U.S. 190 East, Eunice. Bring instrument. (337) 457-9563.
- 2012 FIDDLE MANIA: throughout downtown Opelousas. Public art exhibit featuring over-sized fiddles fabricated from metal that were painted and designed by local artists. The exhibit is dedicated in memory of local musician/fiddler and cultural ambassador Hadley J. Castille. (337) 948-5227 or http://www.cityofopelousas.com.
- ACADIANA CENTER FOR THE ARTS: 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. http://www.acadianacenterforthearts.org. Passion: The Art of Collecting from the collection of the Georgia Museum of Art, on loan from Giuliano M. Ceseri. Cinderella’s Last Stand by Cynthia Scott, through Jan. 5, 2013.
- CHRISTMAS AT OAKLAWN MANOR: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday until Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013, 3296 Oaklawn Drive, Franklin. Holiday decorations and a different style Christmas tree in every room. $15, adults; $10, students. (337) 828-0434 or http://www.oaklawnmanor.com.
- IMAHARA’S BOTANICAL GARDEN: 5341 Mahoney Road, St. Francisville. Self-guided tours, Saturdays 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and Sundays 1-3 p.m. http://imaharasbotanicalgarden.blogspot.com.
- OHR-O’KEEFE MUSEUM OF ART: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, 386 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, Miss. Dusti Bongé: Revisiting the Legacy, Lydia Thompson: Roots, Connections and Pathways and Terry Tjader: Ingrained in Wood, through May 2013. George E. Ohr: Selections from Gulf Coast Collections, ongoing. https://www.georgeohr.org.
- OPELOUSAS MUSEUM AND INTERPRETIVE CENTER: 315 N. Main St., Opelousas. 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Becoming Louisiana: Path to Statehood exhibit, through Dec. 31. (337) 948-2589 or or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TRADITIONAL IDELWILD PLANTATION CHRISTMAS LIGHTING DRIVING TOUR: Kemper Williams Park, Patterson. 6 p.m.-9 p.m., daily. $2 per car. (985) 395-2298.
- VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS: Grevenberg House, Franklin. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. $10, general public; $8, seniors.
- VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS: Joseph Jefferson home and Rip Van Winkle Gardens, 5505 Rip Van Winkle Road, New Iberia. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Tuesday, Jan. 8. (337) 359-8525 or http://www.ripvanwinklegardens.com.