From music to fireworks, some of the many New Year’s Eve activities in Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Lafayette are listed below.
MONDAY, DEC. 31
Baton Rouge area
- AMERICAN LEGION HALL: 151 S. Wooddale Blvd. 8:30 p.m. Music by Reunion. Champagne and party favors. $30 per person.
- CLUB COOZAN: 10920 Mead Drive. 9 p.m. Music by Gumbeaux Rouge and Floyd Brown. $15 per person.
- CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL: 4728 Constitution Ave. Music by Carbon Copy, Chase Tyler Band and Press 1 for English. A dinner array of Cajun specialties available 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Deluxe package starts at $149 per person and includes guest room. Table package starts at $1,250 and includes table for 10 and five guest rooms. Double occupancy required. Must be 21 years of age or older. Info: (225) 925-2244 and (888) 233-9527.
- GLEN’S: 5110 Corporate Blvd. 9 p.m. Music by TimeWarp. Champagne and party favors at midnight. $10 per person.
- HILTON BATON ROUGE CAPITOL CENTER: 201 Lafayette St. New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery. $350 per couple. Includes deluxe accommodations, New Year’s Eve dinner, beer, wine, murder mystery activities and New Year’s Day breakfast. For reservations, call (225) 344-5866 or visit http://www.hiltoncapitolcenter.com/specials.
- HOLLYWOOD CASINO: 1717 River Road. 9 p.m. Music by Luci Martin and Norma Jean Wright (formerly of Chic). $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
- JUBAN’S: 3739 Perkins Road. 8 p.m. Music by Ned Fasullo and the Fabulous Big Band Orchestra. $98 per person. For reservations call (225) 346-8422.
- L’AUBERGE CASINO, STADIUM: 777 L’auberge Ave. 6:30 p.m. Tigers’ Bowl Game shown on more than 50 flat-screen TVs.
- L’AUBERGE CASINO, THE PROMENADE: 777 L’auberge Ave. 10 p.m. Music by The City. Free.
- L’AUBERGE CASINO, THE EDGE BAR: 777 L’auberge Ave. 10 p.m. Music by The Vettes. Free.
- ONEZIA LOUNGE: 13091 Airline Highway, Gonzales. LSU game on a huge TV screen followed by music by the Chris LeBlanc Band with Jim Odom. $40 per couple, $25 single.
- PETE’S TAVERN: 16705 Florida Blvd. Music by 3rd Degree.
- RENAISSANCE HOTEL, TALLULAH CRAFTED FOOD AND WINE BAR: 7000 Bluebonnet Blvd. 6 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Menu prepared by Chef Andy Papson, unlimited champagne and music by the Hazy Ray Band. $65 per person. Reservations appreciated. Info: (225) 388-5710 and Tallulah@RenaissanceBatonRouge.com.
- SPANISH MOON: 1109 Highland Road. Music by Twin Killers.
- TEDDY’S JUKE JOINT: 17001 Old Scenic Highway, Zachary. 9 p.m. Teddy’s old time blues ’n’ soul record spin.
- THE SHAW CENTER FOR THE ARTS: 100 Lafayette St. 8 p.m. Music, open bars, food, cocktail attire only. $50 per person, $75 per couple.
- VFW HALL: 13214 S. Choctaw Drive. 8:30 p.m. Music by LA. 1. Non-smoking. $15 per person.
- WILLIAMSBURG RETIREMENT CENTER: 5445 Government St. 5 p.m. Music by Gary Bello and Friends.
- CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF ACADIANA: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 201 E. Congress St., Lafayette. New Year’s Noon Carnival and Countdown. $6 per person, 25 cents a ticket for outdoor carnival games, crafts and food. Info: (337) 232-8500 and http://www.childrensmuseumofacadiana.org.
- BLUE MOON SALOON: 215 E. Convent St., Lafayette. 9 p.m. Music by Sassafras Jubilee.
- MILLER’S ZYDECO HALL OF FAME: 11154 U.S. 190, Opelousas. 9 p.m. Music by Lil’ Nate and the Zydeco Big Timers.
- PERFORMING ARTS SOCIETY OF ACADIANA NEW YEAR’S EVE CELEBRATION: 721 E. Kaloom Road, Lafayette. 8 p.m.-1 a.m. $100 per person. For tickets, call (337) 237-2787.
- BEAR CREEK SALOON: 1072 La. 16, Montpelier. 8 p.m. Music by Chris Gray. Hats, horns and champagne. $25 per couple.
- BUECHES BAR AND GRILL: 6901 Island Road, Jarreau. 9 p.m. Music by Racoon.
- MULE’S HITCH: 41118 S. Range Road, Ponchatoula. 9 p.m. Music by Gary Bello and Friends.
- PARAGON CASINO: 711 Paragon Place, Marksville. 9 p.m. Music by Cypress City in the Ballroom and Fat Boy South at the Pelican Stage. $15. Tickets available at Ticketmaster or (800) 745-3000.
- NOTTOWAY PLANTATION: 31025 La. 1, White Castle. The Mansion Restaurant will be serving a New Year’s Eve menu a la carte 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Fireworks on the levee at midnight. Reservations required. Info: (225) 545-2730.
- AUDUBON ZOO: 6500 Magazine St., 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Zoo Year’s Eve for families and children of all ages. Featuring bookoo bounce, gymrompers, art from the heart, the Porta Puppet Players, inflatable zoo and pony tales. Free for Audubon members or with paid zoo admission. Info: (800) 774-7394 and http://www.auduboninstitute.org/zoo-years-eve.
- BANKS STREET BAR AND GRILL: 4401 Banks Street. 9 p.m. Music by Egg Yolk Jubilee.
- BLUE NILE: 532 Frenchmen St. 10 p.m. Music by Honey Island Swamp Band and the Wild Magnolias with Big Chief Monk Boudreaux. $30. 1 a.m. Toubab Krewe. $20.
- CHICKIE WAH WAH: 2828 Canal St. 8 p.m. Music by Jon Cleary. $25, $30.
- CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER: 900 Camp St. 9 p.m. Music by White Panda and Earphunk. Open bar, champagne at midnight, photo booths, favors. Green room all-access VIP private lounge. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info on reserved sections. Semi-formal attire, dress code strictly enforced. General admission $140, green room pass $200.
- D.B.A.: 618 Frenchmen St. 10 p.m. Music by the Soul Rebels and Mississippi Rail Company. $30.
- HOTEL MONTELEONE CAROUSEL BAR: 214 Royal St. 9 p.m. Music by Lena Prima and Band.
- HOUSE OF BLUES: 225 Decatur St. 10 p.m. Music by Gregg Allman and Royal Southern Brotherhood. Ticket price includes open bar. $125 general admission, $225 balcony seating.
- HYATT REGENCY: 601 Loyola Avenue. 9 p.m. Big Night New Orleans with entertainment by Big Sam’s Funky Nation, New Orleans Saints receiver Joseph Morgan, the Stooges Brass Band, Cowboy Mouth, Bustout Burlesque, The Saintsations, DJ Icy and DJ Mike Swift. $99, VIP $169. Tickets available at http://bignightneworleans.com/tickets.aspx.
- THE IRISH HOUSE: 1432 St. Charles Ave. Traditional Irish music session 7 p.m., Crescent City Celtic 9 p.m. $55.
- LOUISIANA CHILDREN’S MUSEUM: 420 Julia St. 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. For children and families, including confetti toss, a balloon release, music by the Lagniappe Brass Band, the Count from Sesame Street and Wendy from Wendy’s Old Fashion Hamburgers. $10, $5 for museum members, $12 at the door. Info: (504) 523-1357 and http://www.lcm.org.
- NOLA NEW YEAR’S EVE BASH: Decatur Street and Jackson Square. 9 p.m. A crowd of nearly 50,000 is expected for the annual French Quarter celebration. A newly renovated 8-by-5, two-dimensional fleur de lis ornament will descend from a 25-foot pole atop the Jax Brewery Condominiums, launching a midnight fireworks display titled Symphony in the Sky. Music by Brass-A-Holics, Mia Borders, Bonerama and more.
- PALM COURT JAZZ CAFÉ: 1204 Decatur St. 9 p.m. Music by Lionel Ferbos and the Palm Court Jazz All-Stars. $120 per person.
- PRESERVATION HALL: 726 St. Peter St. 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. shows. Creole Christmas concert. Music by the St. Peter Street All-Stars with Lars Edegran and Big Al Carson. $25.
- ONE EYED JACKS: 615 Toulouse St. 9 p.m. Music by Black Lips, King Louie’s Missing Monuments and the Orwells. $25.
- REPUBLIC: 828 S. Peters St. 9 p.m. Music by Damion Yancy and DJ G. $20.
- RITZ-CARLTON HOTEL: 921 Canal St. New Year’s Eve black tie dinner, 8 p.m.-9 p.m., reception; dinner 9 p.m. to midnight. $250 advance payment is required. Info: (504) 524-1331.
- RIVERVIEW ROOM: Jackson Brewery, 600 Decatur St., 4th level. 9 p.m. A full buffet dinner, premium open bar, champagne, party favors, indoor and outdoor view of the riverfront crowds, countdown and ball drop and fireworks display over the river. Cocktail attire, black tie encouraged. $165 per person. Info: (504) 525-3000, (888) 236-8260 and http://www.riverviewroom.com/newyears.html.
- ROCK ’N’ BOWL: 3000 S. Carrollton Ave. 8:30 p.m. Music by Tab Benoit and Jonathon “Boogie” Long. Free champagne toast at midnight. $25 per person.
- STEAMBOAT NATCHEZ: Toulouse Street Wharf. New Year’s Eve Dinner Dance Gala. Boarding 9:30 p.m., sailing 10:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Extensive menu and open premium bar. Music by the Oak Alley Dance Band. $175 per person. Info: (504) 586-8777, (800) 365-2628 and http://www.steamboatnatchez.com.
- ROYAL SONESTA HOTEL, IRVIN MAYFIELD’S JAZZ PLAYHOUSE. 300 BOURBON ST. 9 P.M. MUSIC BY IRVIN MAYFIELD AND THE PLAYHOUSE REVUE FEATURING LEON “KID CHOCOLATE” BROWN, MICHAEL WATSON, ADONIS ROSE, DON VAPPIE, CARL LEBLANC, VICTOR ATKINS AND SPECIAL GUESTS. MIDNIGHT CHAMPAGNE TOAST. GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING ROOM $125 PER PERSON; VIP TABLE TICKETS $175 PER PERSON. TICKETS: (504) 553-2328.
- TIPITINA’S: 501 Napoleon Ave. 9 p.m. Music by Galactic and MyNameIsJohnMichael. $71, VIP $201. Info: http://www.tipitinas.com.
- WESTIN CANAL PLACE: 100 Rue Iberville. 8 p.m. Dining, entertainment and open bar. Cocktail attire. $175 per person. Tickets: (504) 553-5100 and visit http://tinyurl.com/NOLANewYears.