WEEKENDS THROUGH SUNDAY, DEC. 9
- LOUISIANA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL: 9:45 a.m.-5 p.m., rain or shine, one mile north of Hammond High School, River Road, Hammond. Meet peasants, nobles, knights, barons and the reigning queen at this festival, which runs for six consecutive weekends. Live jousting tournaments, birds of prey demonstrations, sword play, royal parades, English village, magicians, rope walkers, fire eaters. (985) 429-9992 or http://www.larf.org.
- BROADMOOR HIGH ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: 4-9 p.m. Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Broadmoor High School, 10100 Goodwood Blvd. More than 200 artists participating; free shuttle service from Broadmoor Shopping Center and Broadmoor Middle School. $3 per person, 13 and older; free, ages 12 and younger. (225) 926-1420.
- MAIN STREET MEMORIES: 7 a.m.-6 p.m., downtown Eunice. Garage sale, farmer’s market, art lessons, music, vintage car show, children’s activities and BBQ. (337) 457-6503 or http://www.eunice-la.com.
- FAMILY FUN FEST AND PICNIC: 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Tennis Court, City Park, 1 Palm Drive, New Orleans. Tennis lessons from 8-11 a.m., food, prizes, face-painting. Sponsored by New Orleans Youth Tennis.
- EW ORLEANS FRINGE FESTIVAL: various times in locations around New Orleans. Parade 2-3 p.m., Saturday down St. Claude Avenue. Yard Art Tour, theater, food and after parties. http://www.nofringe.org.
- PET FEST: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Lafreniere Park, 3000 Downs Blvd., Metairie. Pet adoptions, pet marketplace, pet Health Watch, games, contests, demonstrations, dog DNA testing, food and live music. Hosted by Friends of the Jefferson Animal Shelter and the Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter. http://www.friendspetfest.org. To reserve a dog DNA testing kit, email email@example.com