Please call (225) 388-0199 if changes or additions need to be made to your organization’s listing.
FRIDAY, NOV. 16
- BATON ROUGE GARDEN CLUB: 9:30 a.m., Baton Rouge Garden Center, 7950 Independence Blvd. (225) 928-2270.
- BATON ROUGE SOCIETY OF MINIATURE GAMING: 7 p.m., Little Wars Game Shop, 7517 Jefferson Highway. (Jefferson Plaza). Historical, sci-fi and fantasy gaming. (225) 753-7165.
SATURDAY, NOV. 17
- BATON ROUGE GENEALOGICAL AND HISTORICAL SOCIETY: 10 a.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library. Free. (225) 248-9880.
SUNDAY, NOV. 18
- POKEMON ORGANIZED PLAY LEAGUE: 2 p.m., Rocket’s Hideout Cards and Games, 13847 Coursey Blvd., Suite 1. Free. (225) 291-8020.
- CAPITAL STAR ONE DELTA SCI-FI & SCIENCE CLUB: 2:30 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library. http://www.StarOneDelta.org.
MONDAY, NOV. 19
- MONDAY MORNING SEWING CIRCLE: Make new friends and learn new techniques. Registration required. For location, time and other information, call (225) 778-5950.
- PELICAN WOODCARVERS GUILD: 9 a.m.-11 a.m., Bishop Ott Facility, 7555 Bishop Ott Ave. (225) 262-6415 or (225) 769-2553.
- LAGNIAPPE DULCIMER SOCIETY: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Community Bible Church, 8354 Jefferson Highway. Beginner and advanced classes, and jam sessions. Jak Stallings, (225) 744-3158.
- DOWNTOWN TOASTMASTERS: 6:30 p.m., Cenikor Foundation Building, 2414 Bunker Hill Drive. Public invited. A great place to conquer your fear of public speaking in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Angie Womack Jones, (225) 925-6976 or http://downtownbr.freetoasthost.info.
- US AIR FORCE AUXILIARY CIVIL AIR PATROL: 7 p.m.-9 p.m., squadron building on Plank Road at the east entrance to the airport. Details, (225) 413-3207.
- GSU TOASTMASTERS: 7 p.m., Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, Essen Lane. Learn the skills for doing presentations for your job, leading meetings and improving leadership style. (225) 229-5008.
- BATON ROUGE KENNEL CLUB: 7 p.m., location varies. (225) 927-9777.
TUESDAY, NOV. 20
- BATON ROUGE FRENCH GROUP: 6 p.m., La Madeleine, 7615 Jefferson Highway. The group meets to practice conversing in French. (225) 819-9114.
- BATON ROUGE CHAPTER OF THE AIR FORCE ASSOCIATION: 6:30 p.m., Great Wall, College Drive. Anyone interested in Air Force and Air Force ROTC is welcome to attend. (225) 769-7118 or (225) 274-4141.
- PIKE BURDEN/PETE KLEINPETER RING OF INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF MAGICIANS: 6:30 p.m., East Baton Rouge Council on Aging Office, 5790 Florida Blvd. (225) 924-0836.
- CYPRESS NEEDLE POINTERS: 6:30-9 p.m., Arboretum, Highland Road. Jan Stewart at email@example.com.
- BATON ROUGE CHORUS OF SWEET ADELINES, INTERNATIONAL: 6:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 10925 Florida Blvd. Women who like to sing are invited to experience four-part a capella harmony. (225) 766-1566.
- BATON ROUGE/LSU MEN’S RUGBY CLUB: rugby practice 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., BREC’s Highland Road Park. Open to men and high school males of all abilities. (225) 268-7924.
- BATON ROUGE BARBARIANS’ WOMEN’S RUGBY: rugby practice 6:30-8:30 p.m., BREC’s Highland Road Park. Open to women of all abilities.
- BONSAI SOCIETY: 7 p.m.-9 p.m., Baton Rouge Garden Center, 7950 Independence Blvd. (225) 928-2270.
- GREAT BOOKS: a literature reading and discussion group, 7 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library. (225) 767-7939.
- BATON ROUGE CONCERT BAND: 7 p.m.-9:15 p.m., Orchestra Room of the LSU School of Music Building. Adult band musicians invited to attend. Jim Kersh, (225) 751-6430.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 21
- HAMMOND CUTUPS WOODCARVERS: 1 p.m., Fellowship Hall of the Hammond First United Methodist Church, 2200 Rue Denise, Hammond. (985) 340-0080.
- BATON ROUGE RECORDER (MUSIC) SOCIETY: 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Unitarian Church, 8470 Goodwood Blvd. http://www.brrecorders.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KIDS WHO BIRD: 6:30 p.m., LSU Museum of Natural Science, Foster Hall. For kids age 9-16 who are interested in birdwatching. (225) 753-7615.
- BATON ROUGE IRISH CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Café Americain. For those interested in Irish culture. Irish drink specials and food specials. http://www.bririshclub.com or (225) 924-6437.
- ART GUILD OF GONZALES: 6:30 p.m., Chamber Building (Old Railroad Car), La. 30, Gonzales. Diverse group of watercolorists, oil and acrylic painters, wood and metal workers. Bring a covered dish. (985) 252-6371 or (225) 698-9079.
- BATON ROUGE BOARDGAMERS: 7 p.m.-11 p.m., call for meeting location. Wide variety of board games, including war games and designer Euro games. For details, email email@example.com.
- BATON ROUGE ORCHID SOCIETY: 7 p.m., Baton Rouge Garden Center. Danna Stone Spayde, (225) 383-3554.
- BATON ROUGE STAMP CLUB: 7 p.m.-9 p.m., Council on Aging, 5790 Florida Blvd. (225) 774-8413.