FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- LOYOLA BALLET: 8 p.m., Louis J. Roussel Performance Hall, Loyola University, New Orleans. Featuring excerpts from “Ruslan and Lyudmila,” “La Vivandiere,” and contemporary works choreographed by Loyola business major Brandon Garza and forensic chemistry major Hilary Landry. $12. http://montage.loyno.edu or (504) 865-2074
- “THE BACHELOR IN NEW ORLEANS”: 10 p.m., doors open for cocktails; 11 p.m., show, The Shadowbox Theatre, 2400 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. $10; guests in period costume and theater people, $5. (504) 298-8676.
- “A NIGHT IN NEW ORLEANS”—A MAGIC TREEHOUSE ADVENTURE WITH MUSIC BY ALLEN TOUSSAINT: 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 11 a.m. Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday. Freeport-McMoRan Theater, Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. (504) 528-3800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “SHOWBOAT”: 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m., Sunday, Slidell Little Theatre, 2024 Nellie Drive, Slidell. (985) 641-0324.
- THE METROPOLITAN OPERA—“GIULIO CESARE” LIVE: 11 a.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan, David Daniels sings the title role and Natalie Dessay stars as Cleopatra in Handel’s opera. Harry Bicket conducts. http://www.amctheatres.com.
- “THE RESURRECT-AVERSARY!”: 10 p.m., All Ways Lounge, 2240 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. A trip back in time and a night of circus, burlesque, sideshow, magic and more celebrating life, death, and anything else we want! $10. http://marignytheatre.org.