- ARTIST’S RECEPTION: 5 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Adele’s studio space, 117 Focis St., Suite 210, Metairie. Refreshments and a giveaway of a complimentary piece of Adele Sypesteyn’s art. http://www.adelesypesteyn.com.
- OPENING RECEPTION FOR ‘ECLECTIC EXPRESSIONS’: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., OFFstage Gallery at Slidell Little Theater, 2024 Nellie Dr., Slidell. A one-man show of the works of Nolan Lefort titled “Eclectic Expressions” opens with a reception in the theater lobby. The exhibit will be on view through May and throughout the Slidell Little Theatre’s run of “Showboat” April 19 to May 12, as well as during the SLT Gala on Saturday and Ginny Awards on May 25. (985) 326-6822.
- OPENING RECEPTION: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Michalopoulos Gallery, 617 Bienville St., New Orleans. “Fly Me to the Moon, Baby.” New paintings and sculpture and a special side showing of the “Cocktails in Space” series. (504) 558-0505. http://www.michalopoulos.com.
- ADELE SYPESTEYN’S STUDIO SPACE: 117 Focis Street, Suite 210, Metairie. Open for visitors April 11 and 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. http://www.adelesypesteyn.com.
- BENEITO’S ART: 3618 Magazine St., New Orleans. Jazz, blues and Carnival-themed oil paintings by Bernard Beneito. Gallery hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. (504) 891-9170.
- CALLAN CONTEMPORARY: 518 Julia St., New Orleans. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Systems by James Kennedy, on view through May 25. For more information, contact gallery owner Borislava Callan at (504) 525-0518 or visit the website at http://www.callancontemporary.com.
- CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER: 900 Camp St., New Orleans. “A Thousand Threads” by Luba Zygarewicz, through June 2. “And Their Voices Cry Freedom Again” by Hannibal Lokumbe, through Friday. “Beyond ‘Beasts’: The Art of Court 13,” through June 16. “Brilliant Disguise: Masks and Other Transformations,” through June 16. (504) 528-3800.
- DUTCH ALLEY ARTISTS’ CO-OP: 912 N. Peters St., New Orleans. Representing 25 local artists working in fabric, glass, clay, photography, etc. Open daily, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (504) 412-9220 or http://dutchalleyartistsco-op.com.
- THE FOUNDATION: 608 Julia St., New Orleans. “The Offing,” an exhibition of new paper collages by New York-based artist Casey Ruble, through April 20. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday; closed Sunday and Monday. For more information, visit http://www.foundationgallerynola.com or phone (504) 568-0955.
- JEAN BRAGG GALLERY OF SOUTHERN ART: 600 Julia St., New Orleans. “Painting on Site” by Steve Bourgeois, through April 30. (504) 895-7375 or http://www.jeanbragg.com. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Free.
- JONATHAN FERRARA GALLERY: 400A Julia St., New Orleans. “Goddesses and Monsters,” new work by Monica Zeringue, through April 23. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday and by appointment (504) 522-5471 or http://www.jonathanferraragallery.com.
- LEMIEUX GALLERIES: 332 Julia St., New Orleans. New paintings by Billy Solitario will remain on view until Friday. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. (504) 522-5988.
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-CABILDO: 751 Chartres St., New Orleans. “The Palm, the Pine and the Cypress: Newcomb Pottery of New Orleans,” major exhibition of Newcomb art pottery, through September. (504) 568-6968 or http://www.crt.state.la.us/museum/properties/cabildo.aspx.
- THE MCKENNA MUSEUM: 2003 Carondelet St., New Orleans. Faces of Treme, photographs by Chandra McCormick and Keith Calhoun. (504) 586-7432.
- MID-CITY THEATRE : 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. The 5th Annual Femme Fest Exhibition is “Celebrating The Art of Women” by showcasing Louisiana women artists at Mid-City Theater during Cabaret Month through April 20. Daily, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. http://midcitytheatre.wordpress.com.
- M.S. RAU ANTIQUES: 630 Royal St., New Orleans. “Impressionism: Influences and Impact,” paintings by Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Vincent van Gogh and Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot. (504) 523-5660.
- NEW ORLEANS MUSEUM OF ART: 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. “Reinventing Nature: Art from the School of Fontainebleau,” through May 19. “Portrait of Faith: John Paul II in Life and Art,” through June 16. (504) 658-4100 or http://noma.org.
- OCTAVIA ART GALLERY: 4532 Magazine St., New Orleans. Recent oil paintings by Edward Bear Miller. “Cuba Connection,” an exhibition featuring painting, photography, prints, and mixed media works by Cuban and Cuban-American artists. http://www.octaviaartgallery.com.
- A STUDIO IN THE WOODS: Isabelle Hayeur’s underwater photography exhibition, “Underworlds” will feature four photographs exhibited on billboards throughout the city of New Orleans through April 28. http://www.astudiointhewoods.org.