SUNDAY, NOV. 18
- LOUISIANA INDIAN HERITAGE ASSOCIATION POWWOW: 10 a.m., Lamar Dixon Expo Center, Gonzales. Camping available. (225) 621-1700.
- SALVAGE SUNDAY: 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Fatoush Restaurant, 2372 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. Artists bring discarded materials back to life. See artists and craftspeople while enjoying an exotic belly dancing brunch. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JUMP, JIVE & WAIL: THE MUSIC OF LOUIS PRIMA: 11 a.m. brunch seating, Stage Door Canteen, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Featuring a cast of 10 who bring to life these legendary songs. http://www.nationalww2museum.org or (504) 528-1943.
- ALWAYS PATSY CLINE: 2 p.m., Baton Rouge Little Theater, 7155 Florida Blvd. $27. (225) 924-6496 or http://www.brlt.org.
- BOEING BOEING: 2 p.m., Main Stage, Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. 1960s French farce adapted for the English-speaking stage. Directed by Ricky Graham. $30. (504) 461-9475 or http://www.rivertowntheaters.com.
- BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE: 2 p.m., Playmakers Theater, 19106 Playmakers Road, Covington. Performance of the comedy on which TV’s “Bewitched” is based. $15, adults; $10, students. (985) 893-1671.
- USA DANCE BALLROOM DANCE: 2 p.m.-5 p.m., Jefferson Orleans North, 2600 Edenborn Ave., Metairie. Bring your best potluck dish for the cooking contest. Dance lesson from 1:30 p.m.-2 p.m. No partner required. Music by Jim Steven. $10, members; $12, nonmembers; $5, students under age 21. (504) 258-2220 or (504) 607-1041.
- THE BARBER OF SEVILLE: 2:30 p.m., Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts, 1419 Basin St., New Orleans. Performance by the New Orleans Opera. $25 and up. Student and group discounts available. (504) 529-2278 or http://neworleansopera.org.
- ELEPHANT’S GRAVEYARD: 2 p.m., Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU. Presented by the LSU Department of Theatre. $18, adults; $15, LSU faculty and staff and seniors; $12, students. (225) 578-3527 or http://www.theatre.lsu.edu.
- LA TRAGÉDIE DE CARMEN: 3 p.m., Claude L. Shaver Theatre, Music and Dramatic Arts Building, corner of Dalrymple and Infirmary drives, LSU. Performance by the LSU Opera. $30, general seating; $20, LSU faculty, staff and seniors; $15, students. http://music.lsu.edu or (225) 578-5128.
- TROMBONE RECITAL: 3 p.m., LSU School of Music Recital Hall, corner of Dalrymple and Infirmary drives, LSU. Performance by Steve Menard. $10, general admission; $5, students. http://music.lsu.edu or (225) 578-3261.
- BOSSARICA CONCERT: 7 p.m., Dunham Chapel, First Presbyterian Church, 763 North Blvd. Trio featuring Raul Gomez on violin, Marcelo Vieira on cello and Ronaldo Cadeu on guitar. Free, but offering taken for Caring to Love.
- SPILL: 7:30 p.m., Studio Theatre, Music and Dramatic Arts Building, corner of Dalrymple and Infirmary Drives, LSU. A play and visual installation inspired by the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon/BP oil spill by Leigh Fondakowski and Reeva Wortel. Free. (225) 578-9277.
MONDAY, NOV. 19
- SPILL: 7:30 p.m., Studio Theatre, Music and Dramatic Arts Building, corner of Dalrymple and Infirmary Drives, LSU. A play amd visual installation inspired by the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon/BP oil spill by Leigh Fondakowski and Reeva Wortel. Free. (225) 578-9277.
TUESDAY, NOV. 20
- RIVER CITY JAZZ MASTERS SERIES: 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Performance by the Chucho Valdes Quintet. $25-$45. (225) 344-0334 or http://www.manshiptheatre.org.
- OPERA RETURNS TO BOURBON STREET: 7 p.m., Puccini Bar, Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter, 541 Bourbon St., New Orleans. Performance by New Orleans Opera Association vocalists with pianist Todd Simmons. (504) 648-2331.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 21
News Features staff