- SALVATIONS FURNITURE DESIGN EXHIBITION: 10 a.m.-10 p.m., The Shops at Canal Place, 333 Canal St., New Orleans. The sixth annual furniture exhibition celebrates the best and brightest in local artisan furniture design featuring recycled, repurposed, reclaimed and reimagined materials. Free. (504) 388-7140.
- LCM’S CLASSIC BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION: 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Louisiana Children’s Museum, 420 Julia St., New Orleans. Play classic party games that your parents and grandparents played when they were children. At 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., enjoy a story time reading of “The Secret Birthday Message” by Eric Carle. Sing “Happy Birthday” to the Museum and have some cake! $8. www.lcm.org.
- PRESENTATION FEATURING EDWIN J. BLAIR, JOANN CLEVENGER AND NEELI CHERKOVSKI: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., The Williams Research Center, 410 Chartres St., New Orleans. In celebration of the exhibition “Alternative Imprints,” THNOC will present an afternoon program featuring Edwin J. Blair, who donated many of the materials in the exhibition to THNOC; JoAnn Clevenger, owner of Upperline Restaurant and avid art collector; and Neeli Cherkovski, a poet and Charles Bukowski scholar. Free. (504) 523-4662. http://www.hnoc.org.
- GARY W. CROSS BOOK SIGNING: 3 p.m.-5 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 3721 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Metairie. Cross will sign copies and discuss his memoir, “VIAL 023: A Father’s Pursuit.” (504) 455-4929.
- THE ART OF BIRTHING-A FUNDRAISER: 5 p.m., Golden Feather Mardi Gras Indian Restaurant Gallery, 704 N. Rampart St., New Orleans. Support the movement to bring mother-friendly care to the women of New Orleans. A production of a monologue-style play called “BIRTH” that tells the stories of eight women giving birth in America, works by local artists and a silent auction. An open discussion about the status of giving birth in our community will follow the production. (504) 266-2339.
- “CITY OF MEMORY”, A ROBERT ADANTO FILM (WORK IN PROGRESS): 7 p.m., Freeport-McMoRan Theater, Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St. New Orleans. Film screening. Free. (504) 528-3805.
- THE WINNER’S CIRCLE, SAINTS VS FALCONS AFTERPARTY: 10:30 p.m., The Metropolitan, 310 Andrew Higgins Dr., New Orleans. The Official Saints vs Falcons Adult Afterparty, hosted by Cam Jordan (#94 New Orleans Saints) and Kenny Burns (Atl Radio Host). Ages 21 and older only. Sounds by DJ Baby Yu & DJ BAM. Complimentary buffet available. $10-$20. www.themetropolitannightclub.com.
- PAT KOGOS - “PRIORY, LOUISIANA” DISCUSSION/BOOKSIGNING: 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania Street, New Orleans. “Priory, Louisiana” is a story about the relentless nature of regret, the puzzling role of God in human suffering, and the opportunity to reinvent yourself after the life you know has washed away. www.gardendistrictbookshop.com.
- NATIONAL WORLD WAR II MUSEUM: 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. “Bob Hope: An American Treasure,” through June 2. nationalww2museum.org.