Around Baton Rouge for Sept. 29, 2013
- CORN MAZE: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens, 4560 Essen Lane. Find your way out the corn maze, paint a pumpkin, enjoy a hayride, climb the straw mountain and more. Admission is $5. (225) 763-3990 or lsuagcenter.com/burden.
- AUDITIONS FOR THE NUTCRACKER: Noon, Dancers’ Workshop, 10745 Linkwood Court. The Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre will hold auditions for children for “The Nutcracker - A Tale from the Bayou.” (225) 766-8379 or batonrougeballet.org/nutauditions.html.
- “CLYBOURNE PARK”: 2 p.m., Shaver Theatre, Music and Dramatic Arts Building, LSU campus. The play is a spin-off of Lorraine Hansberry’s “A Raisin in the Sun,” a satire about race and real estate in a fictional Chicago neighborhood. Tickets are $28 for the general public, $19 for seniors and LSU faculty/staff, and $15 for students. (225) 578-9286 or www.swinepalace.org.
- “9 TO 5”: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The musical is based on the movie of the same title and surrounds three female coworkers who create a plan to get even with their egotistical boss. Tickets are $28 for general admission and $24 for subscribers. (225) 924-6496 or brlt.org.
- “LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS”: 3 p.m., Independence Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. The New Venture Theatre musical is based on the 1950s movie about a skid row floral assistant and an exotic plant that craves fresh blood. Admission is $20. (225) 588-7576 or newventuretheatre.com.
- WOMANLY WORDS: 5 p.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. Participants will hear poetry with a female perspective.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved