1. Catholic (3-0): Shut out Denham Springs with top RB Derrius Guice nursing an injury.
2. East Ascension (3-0): RB Sione Palelei and his teammates continue to impress.
3. Scotlandville (2-0): Hornets didn’t play last week and will open 4-5A play rested.
4. Central (2-1): Wildcats lost last week, but lessons learned should pay dividends.
5. Plaquemine (2-1): After loss to EAHS, 4A Green Devils have met all challenges.
6. Dutchtown (2-1): Much like Central, Dutchtown can learn from last week’s loss.
7. Live Oak (2-1): Eagles roll into a 4-5A game after a big win over St. Michael.
8. Zachary (2-1): Ditto that for the Broncos, who rolled up a big win last week.
9. St. Amant (2-1): Like LOHS and Zachary, the Gators have won two straight.
10. (tie) McKinley (2-1): Two straight wins also buoy the Panthers.
10. Tara (2-1): Like the others, 4A Trojans need to build on two straight wins.
Football Classes 3A-1A
1. University (3-0): Cubs are solid in every way and ready for the 7-3A challenge.
2. Parkview Baptist (2-1): The Eagles have made key strides since Week 1 loss.
3. Livonia (3-0): Wildcats are perfect so far; more challenges loom.
4. White Castle (3-0): Powerful 1A Bulldogs stepped up to beat 3A Donaldsonville.
5. West Feliciana (2-1): Saints in the group of teams coming off impressive wins.
6. (tie) Episcopal (3-0): Skeptics may question schedule strength, but Knights are perfect.
6. (tie) Glen Oaks (3-0): Same scenario as Episcopal as GOHS triples 2012 win total.
8. Capitol (2-1): Lions rebounded nicely from loss to McKinley with a big win.
9. Dunham (2-1): Tigers enter 6-2A play on a two-game winning streak.
10. Ascension Catholic (2-1): Bulldogs came back strong after a Week 2 loss.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved