Sheldon Mickles takes a look at the top teams and top games in Week 2 of the NFL:
Last week: 1st
Last week: 2nd
Survived a knock-down drag-out with Packers in opener.
Last week: 4th
They’ll get things ironed out pretty quickly on offense.
Last week: 3rd
Two lackluster wins to start season drops them a notch.
Last week: 7th
Last week: 5th
That was a tough season opener against the 49ers.
Last week: 9th
Huge home win over Falcons should serve them well.
Last week: 6th
Like the Packers, they had a tough assignment for openers.
Last week: 8th
Came up short in opener; now they get the angry Steelers.
Last week: 12th
It wasn’t pretty, but they got the job done against Raiders.
Last week: 14th
So far, so good after big win over their division rivals.
Last week: 17th
They may be better on offense, but will defense hold up?
Last week: 10th
Turnover-plagued team has to get it together in a hurry.
Last week: 11th
Questions about their defense must be answered quickly.
Last week: 18th
They got off to a rousing start, but get the Falcons next.
Last week: 19th
Browns were no problem; Colts may be another story.
17. Washington (0-1) Last week: 13th
18. Minnesota (0-1) Last week: 16th
19. Pittsburgh (0-1) Last week: 15th
20. Kansas City (1-0) Last week: 22nd
21. Philadelphia (1-0) Last week: 25th
22. Detroit (1-0) Last week: 26th
23. Tampa Bay (0-1) Last week: 20th
24. Tennessee (1-0) Last week: 27th
25. Carolina (0-1) Last week: 21st
26. Arizona (0-1) Last week: 23rd
27. San Diego (0-1) Last week: 24th
28. N.Y. Jets (1-1) Last week: 29th
29. Buffalo (0-1) Last week: 28th
30. Oakland (0-1) Last week: 30th
31. Cleveland (0-1) Last week: 31st
32. Jacksonville (0-1) Last week: 32nd
Denver (1-0) at N.Y. Giants (0-1)
3:25 p.m. Sunday, MetLife Stadium (CBS)
While the San Francisco-Seattle game is the main course, you have to have an appetizer, right? Why not have it be Manning Bowl III, where big brother Peyton will try to win for the third time over little bro Eli. This could be the final time they play — unless it’s in the Super Bowl, of course.
Saints (-3) over Bucs
Texans (-9) over Titans
Bills (+3) over Panthers
Chiefs (-3) over Cowboys
Bears (-6) over Vikings
Steelers (+7) over Bengals)
Noon: Chargers at Eagles (CBS)
3:05 p.m.: Saints at Bucs (Fox)
7:40 p.m.: Steelers at Bengals (ESPN)
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved