Makes about 40 macaroons. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
1 (8-oz.) can or package almond paste
¾ cup sugar
3 egg whites
1⁄3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 ½ cups flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper, waxed paper or brown kraft paper.
2. Crumble the almond paste in mixer bowl. Add the sugar and with mixer, on low speed, mix it until partially combined and broken into small pieces.
3. Add the egg whites and on medium-high speed mix until blended. Stir in the confectioners’ sugar and blend until almost smooth.
4. Remove from mixer and stir in coconut.
5. Drop batter by rounded demitasse spoonful onto the parchment paper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the top.
6. Remove from oven and carefully slide the paper and cookies from the baking sheet, so the cookies can cool on the counter without the pan underneath. When they have cooled 1 or 2 minutes, move cookies around slightly to prevent them from sticking.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved