Tangipahoa Parish calendar for Aug. 29, 2013
- ADULT LEISURE ACTIVITIES: Gym walking, 8:30 a.m.; line dancing, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., planning meeting, 1 p.m. Hammond Recreation Department, 601 N. Coleman Ave. (985) 277-5906.
- TEEN CLUB: 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Ponchatoula Library Branch, 380 N. Fifth St.
- PAGE TURNERS: 5:30 p.m., Hammond Library Branch, 314 E. Thomas.
- AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION HEARTSAVER AED CPR CLASS: 5 p.m., North Oaks Diagnostic Center, 15837 Paul Vega, MD, Drive, Hammond. The class incorporates demonstrations of the AHA’s lifesaving techniques for choking, rescue breathing and CPR for adults, children and infants. Fee is $20. (985) 230-7777.
- GYM WALKING: 8:30 a.m., Hammond Recreation Department.
- FAMILY CRAFT DAY: Noon, Hammond Library Branch. Back-to-school craft.
- WII SATURDAY: 1 p.m., Ponchatoula Library Branch.
- All libraries will be closed in observance of Labor Day.
- GROUP LIVING WITH AFFECTIVE DISORDERS SUPPORT GROUP: 6 p.m., North Oaks Diagnostic Center. The support group is for those experiencing anxiety disorders, mental illness, post-traumatic, obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar conditions. (985) 230-7777.
- BABY-N-ME: 10:30 a.m., Loranger Library Branch, 19451 La. 40. A program for caregivers and babies ages 6 to 24 months.
- ADVENTURE CLUB: 4 p.m., Loranger Library Branch.
- PRENATAL I CLASS - FAMILIES UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 6 p.m., North Oaks Diagnostic Center. The class focuses on preparing your home for your newborn, pregnancy anatomy, true and false labor, and hospital procedures. (985) 230-7777.
- STORY TIME: 10:30 a.m., Loranger Library Branch.
- DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP: 3 p.m., North Oaks Diagnostic Center. The support group is for those with diabetes, along with their family and friends. (985) 230-7777.
- CELEBRATING GRANDPARENTS: 3:30 p.m., Independence Library Branch, 290 S. Pine St. A grandparents and grandchildren event that features games, prizes, treats and more.
- AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION HEALTHCARE PROVIDER CPR CLASS: 5 p.m., North Oaks Diagnostic Center. The AHA class is designed for health care providers and provides a lecture on cardiovascular health and risk factors. It also includes demonstrations of AHA basic life support techniques for choking victims, rescue breathing and CPR for adults, children and infants. Fee is $30. (985) 230-7777.
- CAR SEAT FITTING STATION: 8 a.m., North Oaks Diagnostic Center. Certified child passenger safety technicians will be available by appointment to install child passenger safety seats and boosters and to provide instruction for safe transport. (985) 230-7777.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Ponchatoula Library Branch.
- TEEN CLUB: 3:30 p.m., Ponchatoula Library Branch.
- NORTHLAKE AREA TRANSPLANT SUPPORT GROUP: 7 p.m., North Oaks Diagnostic Center. The support group is for individuals who have had or who are waiting for an organ transplant, and their loved ones. (985) 230-7777.
Copyright © 2011, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved