- CASTING FOR A CURE BIG BASS TOURNAMENT: 6 a.m.-1 p.m., Morrison Parkway public landing, False River, New Roads. Fee $75. Big-bass hourly payout and big-bass overall pot. $5,000 guaranteed payout. Benefits American Cancer Society.
- IFA KAYAK TOUR/LOUISIANA: Grand Isle. Catch & release combined length of redfish & speckled trout. Last in 3-event series to qualify for Oct. 17-19 IFA Championship in Houma.
- BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Final day, Lake St. Clair Championship, Detroit. Last in eight-tournament series to determine 2014 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Live weigh-in: www.bassmaster.com.
- DOIRON’S TEAM BASS CLASSIC: Final day, Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Pete Bongiovanni (225) 335-4596. Website: www.rsff.org.
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Web: finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- GULF OF MEXICO FISHERY MANAGEMENT COUNCIL MEETING: Committee meetings Monday, Tuesday; full council meeting 10 a.m. Wednesday. Top items: Redfish stock assessment, RESTORE Act public engagement; setting fall recreational season on red snapper; regional red snapper management. Live meetings website: gulfcouncil.org/council_meetings/index.php or by calling (888) 833-1844.
- LA. SHRIMP TASK FORCE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING: 2:30 p.m., Terrebonne Council meeting room, 8026 Main St., Houma.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Final 2013 tournament. Email: Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
- LA. CRAB TASK FORCE MEETING: 1:30 p.m., Suite 210, UNO Advanced Tech Center, 2021 Lakeshore Dri. New Orleans.
- ALEXANDRIA CHAPTER/DUCKS UNLIMITED DINNER: 6 p.m., Riverfront Centerm, Main Street, Alexandria. Tickets $60. Call Charles Whittington (318) 623-1104 or Kenny Smith (318) 613-9735.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
AROUND THE CORNER
- LOUISIANA TAX-FREE SECOND AMENDMENT WEEKEND: Sept. 6-8, statewide. Hunting weapons, equipment, clothing, scopes & ATVs exempted from state taxes for items purchases in Louisiana. Details on Louisiana Department of Revenue, Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO: Through Sept. 2, saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several categories. Entry fee and CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- SEPT. 4 — BENGAL TIGER CHAPTER/DELTA WATERFOWL BANQUET: 5 p.m. JL’s Place, 1115 Bob Pettit Blvd., Baton Rouge. 7 p.m. dinner, raffles, auction. Call Josh Zumo (225) 939-9585.
- DOVES-FIRST SPLIT: South Zone, Sept. 7-15; North Zone, Sept. 7-22. Hunting hours noon-sunset Sept. 7, one-half hour before sunrise to sunset all other days. Daily limit 15. Possession limit 45.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Closed in federal waters. Open in state waters weekends-only through September/3-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size. Anglers must have no-fee Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit. Website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov/Permit/Apply.
- EAST GRAND TERRE ISLAND, BAY JIMMY, MISSISSIPPI RIVER DELTA CLOSURE: To commercial fishing, including crabs and shrimp, and to recreational fishing, except rod-and-reel take of finfish, until further notice after state biologists identified residual BP-Deepwater Horizon tar balls and tar mats.
- FALL INSHORE SHRIMP SEASON: Open in all state inside waters.
Have an outdoor calendar item? Emali: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2014, Capital City Press LLC • 7290 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70810 • All Rights Reserved